Eden Hazard

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I never said it's wrong, I said ironic, because you're posting dribbling stats to show how well he did, but when the same dribbling stats are used to show that another player is twice as efficient, you talk about subjectiveness not captured in the stats.

You are still not getting the point. The point is, player A can have 10 dribbles in a game and player B can have another 10 dribbles in a game, does that mean all 10 dribbles are equal? If I make 10 dribbles in my amateur league game and Messi only made 5, does that mean I am better than Messi in terms of dribbling? Of course, that is just an outrageous example, EPL and La Liga are comparable leagues. The point is not all dribbles are equal, even in the same league, same game. The stats alone do not tell the story when you compare two players. However, they are pretty indicative in terms of showing how a player did in a game.

l didn't imply my eye-test was better than everybody else's, in fact I implied in my first paragraph that the eye test/subjective outlook is only useful if the stats were somewhat comparable to each other, which they're not.

You lost me there. Again, I do not disagree with your opinion/assessment to a certain degree, however I do not agree with you that stats are indicative enough to compare two players.

james baldwin

I'm belgian but even I find Neymar better. Hazard is way too inconsistent and he hasnt shown much at the NT

Blame Wilmots for that and the former guy Leeskens too. He needs to be sacked and replaced with a real tactician unless Belgium won't win anything with this generation. Belgium's national team can't even play football with all the stars they have. It's just a national team of individuals with no manager to make a team. They lack ideas in the final 3rd and rely too much on individual brilliance. It's like watching a version of England's national team in red. Instead of building the team around Hazard, he's shafted to the left and treated as just another player.

Hazard is a player that relies on combination play to get the best out of him, but in Belgium, it seems none of the players are on the same wavelength as him. These are among others are the reasons he as trouble playing for Belgium. Instead of you Belgians blaming the individual all the time, maybe it's high time the competence of the managers you hire starts coming into question. He's being misused so much by Belgium, it's painful too watch. And it's not for a lack of trying on the player's part, either.

Hazard for Chelsea is a different animal and has been transformed into one the top players we have today in world football. That's because he's able to benefit playing for a world class manager who knows how to get the very best out of him. He's the focal point in the attacking play in the final 3rd and joins the midfield with the attack perfectly with his mazy dribbles, incisive passes and brilliant link-up play. If Belgium want to start to see the real Hazard and win a major international competition, then they have to bring in a tactically strong coach and build the team around him in the same manner Brazil does with Neymar.

Mitchell1978

Blame Wilmots for that and the former guy Leeskens too. He needs to be sacked and replaced with a real tactician unless Belgium won't win anything with this generation. Belgium's national team can't even play football with all the stars they have. It's just a national team of individuals with no manager to make a team. They lack ideas in the final 3rd and rely too much on individual brilliance. It's like watching a version of England's national team in red. Instead of building the team around Hazard, he's shafted to the left and treated as just another player.

Hazard might have more talent but De Bruyne performs much better for the NT, thats why he plays in the center usually and Hazard on the wing.

Home of Barca Fans