Eden Hazard

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
The end of the season will show as he'll definitely win young player of the year and tallying up his numbers+reviewing his overall play would show how good he is on the stage of elite players. He's becoming a more prolific scorer, has always been a very creative assister, is one of the best dribblers in the world, and most of all has the hunger to push from great to unbelievable.

Really Don? Not Goetze?

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
EPL Young player, but even then Hazard is better than Gotze as of now. Gotze is hitting huge strides with Bayern for his age, but he's still a raw player. Brilliant talent though.

Really? I have to disagree. Goetze is anything but raw. A great dribbler (8 successful dribbles today vs. HSV) who shoots well and assists like crazy. He has had 10 goals and 5 assists in 25 appearences so far in the 13/14 season (Hazard had 14 goals and 5 assists in 34 appearences by the way).

http://footyroom.com/hamburger-sv-0-5-bayern-munich-2014-02/

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Really? I have to disagree. Goetze is anything but raw. A great dribbler (8 successful dribbles today vs. HSV) who shoots well and assists like crazy. 10 goals and 5assists in 25 appearences in the 13/14 season (Hazard had 14 goals and 5 assists in 34 appearences by the way).

http://footyroom.com/hamburger-sv-0-5-bayern-munich-2014-02/

Hazard was struggling for consistency till around November I think and ever since then he's just been on fire. He is putting all of his talents (dribbling, agility, shot power, vision) to use at a full capacity and he's becoming very effective at it. He's around the tier of best players in the world even if he doesn't have a defined numerical slot yet.

Gotze is a great player, he just hasn't found a role at Bayern to call "home" and hasn't built a consistent style to his play. Some games his style is that of only a goalscorer, others a midfielder, others a winger, etc. It shows how many different abilities he has in his arsenal, but he's yet to find that one role that can get everything out of him in a consistent way. When he does find that, he'll be Bayern's main attacking outlet and fully be in the driving seat of the team. Bayern do rely on him a lot but I don't think he's hit his best stride as a player yet and I find Hazard to be more developed right now.

It's hard to describe really. Gotze is definitely consistent and refined in his abilities, it's just that he has the potential for a much larger overall output and hasn't yet found his "identity" as a player. Gotze's potential is higher than Hazard's though for me. Of this generation of young players: Hazard, Gotze, and Neymar are incredibly close in talent and it's impossible to say which one will be the best.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
Pretty much, Mourinho dropped him for being late to training and since then he's knuckled down, and the result is there for all to see. He's got a good head on his shoulders, where some players would get pissed off or just generally react negatively, he took it as a real warning, worked hard and has added to pretty much every aspect of his game. Rather admirable.

Butaan4barca

Pretty much, Mourinho dropped him for being late to training and since then he's knuckled down, and the result is there for all to see. He's got a good head on his shoulders, where some players would get pissed off or just generally react negatively, he took it as a real warning, worked hard and has added to pretty much every aspect of his game. Rather admirable.

He is n't the the best young player in the world. Neymar is.

There are several other nomies who he isn't far better than, including ramsey, thiago goetz, isco, Oscar, varane, kurtosis (talk about their different roles but long way to say he is best young player. ) he surely can dribble and help in build up. But Other players named are very influential in their roles aswell.

MrKnowitAlll

I agree. I think people are overrating him abit. Dont get me wrong he is amazing but in the first half of the season he was very average. Now he is on form but he isnt good enough to be considered one of the best in the world. Its because Chelsea right now are on fire. We have to reserve judgement until he becomes consistent. Like last game against West Brom he was non-existent. To me he is having a season like Bale had.

Its simple. If you say something enough times people will start to believe it and that's what Mou has done.

mouseinthehouse

Hazard is certainly a young talent and he has potential to be one of the best in the game. However having potential and actually living up to it for multiple years (not just half a season) are two different things and until we see him be great consistently for at least 2-3 seasons I just dont think its fair to say he's one of the best.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
Half a season? He was pretty good last year, he just went on a bad run at the start of this season before finally coming into good form and having more consistency now. He was already a matchwinner last season but lacked that consistency, but then we had Mata who was another matchwinner and a hell of a lot more consistent. Hazard is as overrated as Neymar is. :)

And please don't say Ramsey, he's been around for a little while and he had about 3 months of good form, don't even compare him to the likes of Gotze, Neymar, Hazard and the like.

mouseinthehouse

Half a season? He was pretty good last year, he just went on a bad run at the start of this season before finally coming into good form and having more consistency now. He was already a matchwinner last season but lacked that consistency.

That is exactly my point... you say he was inconsistent last year, this year he had a bad run to start and is now in good form, (in other words another inconsistent season so far) to say he is one of the best we need to see him be consistent for at least a full season and not have prolonged runs of bad form thats all :) theres no denying the talent is there.

ammarfcb

ze special one
he means being able to win a match. no assist/goal stats needed, just look like the 3 points are in ur hand

Home of Barca Fans