El Clasico 08/09: Real Madrid - FC Barcelona: 2 - 6

Warik

its really shame on us how we let 12 points cut down to 4 at this crucial stage.

Not really. The whole point in getting large leads is to enable you to suffer dips in form throughout the season, rest players etc. It isn't a shame, it's just how things work, the 12 point lead meant we could afford to have the odd slip up. Madrid on the other hand can't...

Beast

The Observer
True Warik.. that's one of the important features of having an early lead..
the game is a must win for Real.. a draw = losing .. so anyone thinking it will be a Barca-Chelsea it won't happen

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Well said. Just look at the points we have, number of goals scored and all the records Barca made this season. Overall, it`s been a fantastic run since September.
Messi and Eto won`t have 3 mediocre performances in a row. It just can`t happen.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Btw. Ronaldo predicted a win for Real.

"Madrid will win 2-0, with goals from Raúl and Sergio Ramos"

Warik

Who gives a fuck about what that fat prick says? washed up has-been running his mouth, another Pele.

maz

I walk the line
its really shame on us how we let 12 points cut down to 4 at this crucial stage.
We didnt bring it down to 12 at "this crucial stage". It was in the middle of the season when we went on the inevitable dip of form. Consider that madrid have won something stupid like their last 14 matches...and then see that we are still 4 points ahead. We should be praising pep for making the 12 point lead rather than critisising him for bringing it down to 4.

Beast

The Observer
We didnt bring it down to 12 at "this crucial stage". It was in the middle of the season when we went on the inevitable dip of form. Consider that madrid have won something stupid like their last 14 matches...and then see that we are still 4 points ahead. We should be praising pep for making the 12 point lead rather than critisising him for bringing it down to 4.

18 games Maz

maz

I walk the line
Even more stupid...

18 games and we are still 4 points clear. Some say leagues have been poor in recent years, some say not. But no one can say la liga has been poor. You have pushed us for first spot for more than half the season.

Beast

The Observer
Even more stupid...

18 games and we are still 4 points clear. Some say leagues have been poor in recent years, some say not. But no one can say la liga has been poor. You have pushed us for first spot for more than half the season.

well it does mean that the competition is piss poor.. we both will always be competing .. the problem is the rest.. 20 + points Maz between us & the third place

beef-supreme

Hhaha just thought I'd share with you that out of pure boredom, I read one of Goal.com's typically ridiculous 'Spanish Inquisition' :puke: articles, comparing the supposed key head-to-head battles for the Clasico... Half of what they said is as usual complete rubbish, but what made me laugh the most is that some of the players they proposed for their so called head-to-head battles won't even likely be starting the match... I think they should stay away from writing their own journalism and stick to compiling what they find from other media sources. Much better like that!

beef-supreme

well it does mean that the competition is piss poor.. we both will always be competing .. the problem is the rest.. 20 + points Maz between us & the third place

It's really laughable... But in a sad sad way. Even the teams who would have potential to do something have been far too inconsistent...

X.A.U

The Special One
The funny thing is when you check Madrid's forums, they are all talking about Chelsea's ultra defensive tactics and how they can use some of it to stop Barcelona... Park the bus boys! Pathetic!!

Real-Madrid-Fan-Bus.jpg

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Will be a tricky day for me tomorrow, I have a wedding to attend. The mass is scheduled for 19:30. Half an hour before the kick off :icon_confused:

Jaumet

All round Nice Guy
i'm riding 140km tomo, so i will be sooooo tired for this match when i gotta wake up sundi morning! It better be worth it holy moley

Home of Barca Fans