El Clasico 08/09: Real Madrid - FC Barcelona: 2 - 6

Beast

The Observer
Here is Ladbrokes (betting firm ) expectations

LADBROKES 2009 EL CLASSICO BETTING TIPS

There isn't too much difference between Real Madrid and Barcelona in the upcoming El Classico match at the Bernabeu. As it currently stands Real Madrid sits at 11/8 with Barcelona paying out at 8/5 and the draw listed at 11/5. The favoured outcome is a 1-1 draw at 11/2 with a 1-0 victory for either team listed at 7/1. Barca didn't exactly inspire too much confidence against Chelsea in mid-week and Real Madrid will be fancying their chances here. I expect them to get men forward early and try to grab that opening goal within the first 15.

Things are pretty up in the air surrounding the first goalscorer. Raul, Lionel Messi, Gonzalo Higuain and Samuel Eto'o are all listed at 6/1. I've got my eye on Klaas Jan Huntelaar myself and he carries a price of 7/1 alongside Thierry Henry and Bojan Krkic.

Real are very slim favourites to be ahead at halftime with odds of 2/1. Barcelona are listed at 11/5 with the draw the most likely outcome at 11/10. That tells you something and you can use the half-time/full-time market to give yourself a nice advantage and guarantee a higher payout. I can very well see this one being all square at half-time so if you fancy that as well, check out the draw/Barcelona or draw/Real Madrid bets. Draw/Barcelona pays 5/1 while Draw/Real Madrid pays 4/1.

If you're really looking for a plausible value bet, check out Barcelona to come from behind and win at 10/1. Real to come from behind to win pays out at 9/1 and if you combine that with a 2-1 scoreline each-way, you're looking at some really solid odds. 2-1 is 8/1 for Real and 9/1 for Barca and I can definitely see that happening.

This El Classico is wide open, but I think I fancy the draw here.

Warik

Yep no bets on the classico...You bet on a low scoring game it ends up 3-3, you bet on a high scoring game it ends up 1-0 etc. No point you simply can't predict it.

M.L. King

The Preacher
I'm all fired up. I already bought my package of beers. And if we win tonight I'll protract partying long into the night.

I have a good feeling about this one. The Madrid media are all pompous how we're gonna lose. They dig their own grave.

Animooooooooo Barca.

Thierry

Yep no bets on the classico...You bet on a low scoring game it ends up 3-3, you bet on a high scoring game it ends up 1-0 etc. No point you simply can't predict it.

I got some extra coins on my piggy bank lid for this one.
Barcelona it is.
Life is Good.

M.L. King

The Preacher
There's now way we can lose this one. Our artillery is prepared to bomb Madrid's goal. We're simply too good this season for them. Thus, I expect I our players will be very motivated and will give their maximum to destroy the opposition. I can't wait!!!!!!!!

Evil

Shabazz
wh_37076192.jpg

This is what will happen ...

wh_37076192.jpg

Thierry

Yup, this is something that we can expect. And the referee is madridista my friends.

Madridista, Hope he is any good.
We need clear penalty decisions today.

I shall collect my "cursing dictionary" and have it ready for him otherwise.

Warik

Sky Sports have Fabio Capello as a guest pundit.

You just know how fair he will be in his analysis....

Home of Barca Fans