El Clasico 08/09: Real Madrid - FC Barcelona: 2 - 6

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Real - FC Barcelona matchday!

I already feel a bit nervous but also positive that we`ll either maintain the distance or even increase it.
I don`t think Pep will rest anyone. 99% of Cules see La Liga as priority and this is no time to calculate. Should we have a lead I`d give Caceres some playing time.
It would be good if he had some match fitness before the game in London.

This is the lineups Madrid based Marca has:

realfcbarcelona15.jpg

jairzinho

Real - FC Barcelona matchday!

I already feel a bit nervous but also positive that we`ll either maintain the distance or even increase it.
I don`t think Pep will rest anyone. 99% of Cules see La Liga as priority and this is no time to calculate. Should we have a lead I`d give Caceres some playing time.
It would be good if he had some match fitness before the game in London.

i think everyone is nervous....i dont think we're scared...but we just can't wait to finish them off once and for all....i can't see pep resting anyone also...this is a must win game and we need the win to get momentum going into the match at the bridge.....depending on the scoreline...marty may get a chance but if the game is tight...i can't see Pep changing up things at the back at a crucial moment.

Beast

The Observer
the game is getting to everyone nerves.. but i do think it's getting to cule's more then Madridistas ..

for us .. we've done very well considering what happened through out the season so losing the league is expected however if somehow we managed to turn the table it will be a big achievement and will sentence the current generation of players to the abyss considering they are better in almost (not all ) every department ..

the game will be tensed from both sides.. i don't think Barca will be able to cope with additional 90 minutes of hard work with the Classico sandwiched between the 2 CL ties
we will defend with 6 and attack with 4.. that's how Ramos play and won't be any different this time.. the key for Real will be Marcelo playing on Alves .. i don't think Robben will do much as abidal will stay behind to mark him..
as the first game Heinze+Gago on Messi and Ramos with Iniesta.. Metzelder is more secure then Pepe and i believe he will be marking E2 who i hope will continue his off target recent form along with Messi...
it will be down to the duel between Xavi-Lass in the middle to dictate or destroy
so the game is down to the flanks from both teams.. i don't expect Raul to do much noise with Puyol.. and Pique will have to fight it with Higuain who i think will try some of his long shots as i don't think Pique will give him time for anything more... we will hope for a momentary lapse of concentration ..

so our key man will be Marcelo not Robben and same thing for Barca it'll be Iniesta not Messi IMO ..
i wished Ramos would deploy Hunter instead of Raul but since the captain is coming from a hatrick i don't see it happening this week ...
my expectation is wearing out Barca who i don't expect them to be able to run 90 minutes and i believe that will be the case
Pep will be looking to finish the game as early as possible and maybe rest some players for Chelsea and Ramos will be looking for the second half... a defensive first half from Real with couple of dangerous chances and Real will try to score early in the second half onwards ..

i feel we will win this game 2-1.. realistically it's hard to do it but i think we could do it ..
Messi owes us a game in the Bernabeu as he hasn't shined there yet sadly it's due and he is marked by Heinze (if u believe the press ) so it should be easy .. i do feel Ramos could Miguel Torres over him

regarding the pressure on who which was raised by some members i think the pressure is on Barca more then Real.. we are punching above expectations already .. i don't think any fan will be sad if we lost the league.. i don't think we are facing any sort of pressure tomorrow.. but Barca are under a lot of pressure.. one of them is they need to justify their game with a trophy (not Copa ) and they are coming from 2 years trophy less .. if they don't pull it together in the coming 14 days they could do a Bayer Leverkusen 2002 and as they say staying on the top is harder then reaching it..
A defeat tomorrow will have bigger repercussion then many people think

i hope for a good game and may the best team win

A.Iniesta

the match gonna be so hard and interesting,, I always feel so scared to watch the clasico more that watching barca playing CL Final,, as usual in all matches we must win!! but this one if we dont win i think draw is good too,, lets beat them up in the burnAcow :p

Visca el barca!!

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
the match gonna be so hard and interesting,, I always feel so scared to watch the clasico more that watching barca playing CL Final,, as usual in all matches we must win!! but this one if we dont win i think draw is good too,, lets beat them up in the burnAcow :p

Visca el barca!!

I always feel queasy watch the clasicos, they mean that much.

Beast

The Observer
don't think the Classico will end in a draw..if Real score first and Barca equalize Real will attack to win and leave space behind.. it will be anything but a draw u can bet on it ..

as for Chelsea game Adam... i'll be here to remind you of our old discussion

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
Well I'll leave that discussion for Wednesday. I don't think the clasico will be a draw, I think we'll win it because we're a better side and Iniesta is going to bitch slap your team with his football genius. But we shall see.....

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
Madrid & Marca are covering themselves already with Cannavaro on today's front cover being quoted as saying "Call me crazy but a draw is a good result"

beef-supreme

I think the pressure's on them. For the first time this season there's an air of expectation and it's all or nothing for the white trash, they really have no room for failure and as reigning champions and out of both cups they have everything to lose.

I completely agree with you, because so far it was all a case of Madrid putting pressure on Barca, and Barca being expected to beat all records etc. For once Madrid are actually in a truly threatening position, and now THEY are expected to produce. Because of their form they're the favourites and that's good for us, because it puts pressure on them.

Home of Barca Fans