EL Knock-out Round Playoffs | Napoli - Barcelona 2-5 agg

wisconsincule

I would feel a lot better going to Napoli with a goal advantage.

We did play better today than I thought we would. I’m guessing a completely different Napoli shows up next week but they didn’t really look that good today…

Zidane82

Xavi's take on Torres

"Now we were making a comparison in the dressing room," Xavi said, with Suarez the last Barca player besides Lionel Messi to attempt as many as nine shots in a match (vs Inter in 2018).
"It happened to Luis Suarez. In the first few months it seemed that he could not score. The Barca shirt weighs a few more pounds.
"But because of how [Torres] has taken the penalty and the work he does for the team, I hope he can play many years at Barca.
"If he is in the area, it is because he will score goals. It's a matter of having faith and working at it. He has had goals all his life and will continue to have them. He has our absolute confidence."

FinBarcelonafan

Xavi's take on Torres

"Now we were making a comparison in the dressing room," Xavi said, with Suarez the last Barca player besides Lionel Messi to attempt as many as nine shots in a match (vs Inter in 2018).
"It happened to Luis Suarez. In the first few months it seemed that he could not score. The Barca shirt weighs a few more pounds.
"But because of how [Torres] has taken the penalty and the work he does for the team, I hope he can play many years at Barca.
"If he is in the area, it is because he will score goals. It's a matter of having faith and working at it. He has had goals all his life and will continue to have them. He has our absolute confidence."

Xavi must see some potential if comparing to Suarez. One of the best past generation.

Not that Torres has same physical qualities. Suarez was a beast.

Gnidrologist

Don't think he compares to Suarezs ability, but how he also started very underwhelming for us. Remember how we waited that first goal for ages, but when he started scoring, it poured.

Birdy

FL1JNwDWQAEd_jS

In terms of chances,
if we cross out the pen, we were better but marginally

Birdy

marginally? Really?

Look at the xG of each of our shots.

Yeah, I know the feeling is that we created lots, but the biggest chance of the game was Ferran's fuck-up in the 1st half, which amounts to 0.3

The truth is we created lots, but not clear-cut chances

Horatio

You're welcome
Look at the xG of each of our shots.

Yeah, I know the feeling is that we created lots, but the biggest chance of the game was Ferran's fuck-up in the 1st half, which amounts to 0.3

The truth is we created lots, but not clear-cut chances

How much do shots that don't go on target account for? We got into a handful of good scoring opportunities but they all went wide.

edit: ah yes the adama one was offside.

Birdy

How much do shots that don't go on target account for? We got into a handful of good scoring opportunities but they all went wide.

edit: ah yes the adama one was offside.

Another model:

FL0uNTTXMAcG3Tb

We didn't really create big chances.

Some good finishing could have scored us 4 or 5, but look at the size of the squares.
The 2 biggest ones close to the penalty spot are Ferran's fuck-ups

Napoli had only 3 chances, the double one that led to the goal that was a big one in both of the shots, Osimen's early on, and the final one with Mertens

gasgas

..................Ter stegen
Mazraoui...Araujo...L.Martinez....Gaya
.......................de jong..
...............gavi...........pedri
Adama........Isack.........Ferran

Home of Barca Fans