EL: Manchester United - FC Barcelona (4-3)

Rory

Wouldn't be the same without the usual drama in here :lol:

We obviously have to wait until after the game to see if it's worked out but this is a weird choice from Xavi. When we've not done well in europe with him at all we should be playing our strongest possible xi. Don't you think?

JamDav1982

We obviously have to wait until after the game to see if it's worked out but this is a weird choice from Xavi. When we've not done well in europe with him at all we should be playing our strongest possible xi. Don't you think?

Folk 'dont care'... unless they win of course.

ajnotkeith

One of Xavi's glaring weakness is his arrogance. He probably thinks the Europa is beneath Barcelona and doesn't realize that a solid result v United could boost our morale for future European nights.

Now, we'll get clowned and it will be the same story running - 7 years of European failures and ongoing.

I think it's the opposite. He really realises it, so much so that it psyches him out and causes him to make bad decisions.

A loss here will be terrible for morale and just enforce the idea that we are only doing good because LaLiga is shite.

mc_lovin

I mean I was one of the very few here who showed some trust in Xavi when people wanted him lynched. Keep calm, that's the least.

fergus90

Alba being introduced I can understand, the man has had a good season but Alonso is a giant liability usually. Christensen must not be at 100% because I would've thought the less riskier option to rest Christensen would be Cadiz.

Even the game after is Almeria, which you can probably afford to rest one of Kounde, Araujo or Christensen for then too.

Unless Xavi has been flustered by the European pressure and decided to channel his inner Pep.

Rory

I mean I was one of the very few here who showed some trust in Xavi when people wanted him lynched. Keep calm, that's the least.

It's a Barcelona football club discussion forum. We're playing one of the biggest games of our season and the manager has chosen a player who is the 4th best choice in that position. So as Barcelona football club fans we are discussing that selection. That discussion is perfectly valid and on top of that Xavi has failed to deliver good results in europe so his selection is under even more scrutiny. What's not to get with people voicing this?

Home of Barca Fans