EL: Manchester United - FC Barcelona (4-3)

Porque

Alonso there to score and/or assist from a set piece. Xavi playing 4D chess. Sometimes he even doesn't know the why of the moves.

mc_lovin

It's a Barcelona football club discussion forum. We're playing one of the biggest games of our season and the manager has chosen a player who is the 4th best choice in that position. So as Barcelona football club fans we are discussing that selection. That discussion is perfectly valid and on top of that Xavi has failed to deliver good results in europe so his selection is under even more scrutiny. What's not to get with people voicing this?

There's one way to voice this, and another being an over-dramatic chicken. Non-sense like 'Xavi sabotaged the team'.

BADGERBHOY

We've finally got a quality back four, with pace and power, and he drops two of them.
What the fuck is he thinking? Tonight is not the time to rotate.

JamDav1982

Barca should still win but same was being said in EL v Frankfurt and in CL this season when there were question marks over his line ups.

Feels like a strange time to change things when CBs are probably the last position that needs rotated and despite how tonights game goes Christ is a top CB.

Bobo32

Alonso there to score and/or assist from a set piece. Xavi playing 4D chess. Sometimes he even doesn't know the why of the moves.

He should rotate, it is not a big deal, it is correct. I believe Alba will assist a goal tonight, yeah Alonso could score as well potentially.

I enjoy a manager that makes decisions, I think Xavi has been too predictable for the most part so far, so I celebrate a couple of surprises in the lineup today.

gregorrin10

Holy shit what is Xavi doing? Is he trying to get us knocked out and prolong our European woes? :facepalm: With all due respect, we're 8 points ahead in the league and have fucking Cadiz at home at the weekend. This game should've been the priority. The kind of game where we could've made a statement on the European stage, even if it is in the EL. And it's about keeping the momentum, which will help us in the league too.

Last edited:

Gari

FpGu3tmWcAIP3KY

Neeraj

A decision doesn't become good or bad solely based on results. If so, hindsight would be the only manager in the world.

This is a shitty decision to play Alonso. I'm hoping it works out. Whether it does or not, it's not a good decision, given what we have seen son far. Especially if he thinks this is the game they need 'rest', in the biggest European night of the remaining season (in terms of big names). Ridiculous.

Home of Barca Fans