EL: Manchester United - FC Barcelona (4-3)

gregorrin10

Very important game. Think a win/loss here will have a significant effect on team morale. Would also suck just to only have Liga and CdR games to look forward to for the rest of the season.
Hope Xavi goes for the Gala backline with Kounde, Araujo, Christensen, Balde.

Also think 4-3-3 with three attackers will be more suited with the players we have available rather than shoehorning Roberto, Kessie, Busi and Frenkie into the same lineup.

Not only team morale, the fans morale and general feeling around the club as well. Would be catastrophic to have another European season end in February, If we go out tonight, I probably won't be invested in watching anything other than the 3 Clasico games until the end of the season, even if we do win both domestic competitions in the end. I'm just sick to death of us being a joke in Europe for the past 8 years now, tonight should be our statement in/to Europe that we truly are on the right path back to success under Xavi.

Zidane82

Possibly

Ter Stegen, Kounde, Araujo, Christensen, Jordi Alba, Busquets, de Jong, Kessie, Sergi Roberto, Raphinha, Lewandowski.

Birdy

Barca are gonna be stronger than Madrid when they beat the teams Madrid beats in CL, likes of City, Liverpool repeatedly, PSG etc.

Until that confirmation comes, just no. Beating the likes of Cadiz, and Mallorca more regularly than Madrid does this season is not a proof of being a better team. More consistent and more motivated in the league yes, better no.

LOL

How about beating Madrid in head to head?

The amount of mental gymnastics you put forward to push pro-Madrid agenda is ridiculous

Its NOT simping,it's RESPECT. And it's not only this forum. I've seen it all over the internet and in person. Barca fans respect Madrid cause they don't fold under pressure, they thrive under it. The complete opposite of our team in Europe. We still have calamity Busquets and Roberto. Madrid would have gotten rid of them ages ago.
Their veterans are still performing in the CL, our clowns can't even perform in the EL.
Real Madrid and Perez are ruthless. They do their best to keep the club winning. Meanwhile we do our best to keep clowns like Busquets and Roberto happy.
Like I said,it's respect. Real Madrid have EARNED the respect of Barca fans.

Not at all.
If someone is envious that they don't fold under pressure, like we do, it's fine to say only that
not unashamedly simp for them with phrases like 'Madrid are better than Barca' just a month after we battered them in head to head, and being league leaders
That's unacceptable, especially for someone supposedly Barca fan

Last edited:

Birdy

Helena Condonis reports that Xavi would start Balde and Roberto.

Only question remaining is if Ferran would start at LW, or Roberto will be false LW and Kessie will play as well

In either case: I wanna kill myself seeing that imbecile bum Roberto play this game

Last edited:

Porque

Helena Condonis reports that Xavi would start Balde and Roberto.

Only question remaining is if Ferran would start at LW, or Roberto will be false LW and Kessie will play as well

In either case: I wanna kill myself seeing that imbecile bum Roberto play this game

I'd go with Roberto, because he will cover 12.5km+, but mostly because a 4 man midfield will protect Busi more, who I grudgingly admit that without Pedri will be our most creative midfielder.

Ferran can make a difference in the second if needed. But I'm not going to award superlatives after a match against Cadiz. That would Puig fanboy esque.

ajnotkeith

It is absolute comedy if we play Roberto as a false winger.

Would genuinely rather Ferran there.

No doubt if it happens will be claimed it was a "rotation" as Ferran needs to be rested after having played 10 minutes all season.

Xavi probably won't be that dumb tho. Hopefully. Though I am still expecting some stupidity with the lineup.

Givenchy

Lewa needs to step up tonight. We didn't pay that much for a man of his age to score vs Cadiz' of this world.

xXKonan

Ter Stegen, Kound?, Araujo, Christensen, Balde, Busquets, Sergi Roberto, De Jong, Kessie, Raphinha, Lewandowski (MD)

Home of Barca Fans