EL Quarter Final: FC Barcelona - Eintracht Frankfurt 3-4 agg.

Birdy

Xavi disappoints me in NOT starting FDJ next to Busi, and not playing with 4 mds to win the md battle.

At least he pleases me in starting Mingueza ahead of bum Lenglet!
Araujo will be in his natural area: the penalty box

behindbrowneyes

I like that line-up and kudos to Xavi for giving Mingueza a shot at RB. There is no point to start Araujo as RB. Makes the team only weaker in the center without giving it much on the flank, especially with Pique missing too.

gregorrin10

Why is Migueza starting :( Frenkie also benched..

who should start then? Dest isn't ready for the whole 90 yet (I'm guessing he'll be subbed on, only if we're chasing the result after 60 or 70 minutes), Pique is even less fit, and Lenglet is done and hopefully never plays for Barca again.

Mingueza can at least do a job, and he's actually a smaller liability on the right than in the center in my opinion, cause yes, he can't defend, but that way at least the Araujo is there as cover, helping him. And even though still bad, at least he doesn't give away penalties every time he steps on to the pitch, and who knows maybe he can even find that magic one out of every 100 cross he is capable of, to Luuk's head in the latter stages of the game. ;)

It was clear that Frankfurt targeted Araujo in the first leg in terms of wanting to isolate him to the right, making him deal only with Kostic, cause they know he's our best defender. Yes, Mingueza against Kostic is not gonna be pretty, But we need Araujo in the middle, even if it means Mingueza playing RB, since Dest isn't ready to start yet.

ajnotkeith

FDJ changed the game last time he came on so he must lack fitness or something, because Gavi at the same time wasn't great either.

Andresito

Staff member
Frenkie apparently been ill.

Camp Nou is already filled with white shirts, probably close to 30k Eintracht fans INSIDE Camp Nou.. A disgrace that it happens really.

fergus90

I went to the Borussia Monchengladbach game and witnessed the legendary Arda masterclass, and it was the same then. Germans absolutely overran the place. To be fair it’s not everyday they get a trip to Barcelona for a European night.

Neeraj

Btw, does anyone have a reliable stream they've been using? My regular ones on rsoccer and other places seem to be giving me way too many disconnects of late, about every 2 minutes. Any reliable one appreciated!

Home of Barca Fans