Emerson

Raketa10

If we sell Emerson for 30m and Moriba for 15m which are both bestcase scenarios we will end up with around 10m disposable income which is not enough for a transfer, it could be enough to get a loan on very favourable conditions (no loan fee, low wage) but it is questionable if there is any good targets with that criteria.

I am 99% sure there is no good target with that criteria. I only hope they won't sign someone like Bellerin.

ajnotkeith

I am 99% sure there is no good target with that criteria. I only hope they won't sign someone like Bellerin.

And considering the squad hole it would make with Emerson, I don't think the sale of Emerson would happen unless maybe the club are desperate as it prevents a threshold of losses to lower salary cap for 22/23??

mc_lovin

And considering the squad hole it would make with Emerson, I don't think the sale of Emerson would happen unless maybe the club are desperate as it prevents a threshold of losses to lower salary cap for 22/23??

If there's one position we can afford to sell a player it's RB. Not sure which hole you are talking about.

Last edited:

mc_lovin

We can move Roberto back to RB but we are relying on kids to form our depth in midfield and I think Nico and Gavi are not ready for that.

Again, Mingueza is still there. I trust the club enough to make a reasonable choice between Dest and Emerson. In our situation I am not sure we need both.

JamDav1982

Emerson did not look any better than Mingueza at RB in past few outings.

Early doors and he was not given time to settle but there is Dest, Roberto and Mingueza that can cover.

ajnotkeith

ESPN says we are looking at Mandzukic who is currently a free agent after terminating his contract with Milan. He is 35 years old, only played 950 minutes since the 2018/2019 season and had a stint in Qatar in 2020 where he could barely even make the bench. He couldn't get on the bench for Milan in 2020 so if this is the signing we are selling Emerson/Moriba for I will be embarassed. No improvement on Braithwaite or Manaj.

Devils

I'm starting to believe we knew he wasn't good enough and the only reason we bought him was to sell for profit!

FinBarcelonafan

ESPN says we are looking at Mandzukic who is currently a free agent after terminating his contract with Milan. He is 35 years old, only played 950 minutes since the 2018/2019 season and had a stint in Qatar in 2020 where he could barely even make the bench. He couldn't get on the bench for Milan in 2020 so if this is the signing we are selling Emerson/Moriba for I will be embarassed. No improvement on Braithwaite or Manaj.

Awful idea. Another prince.

Messi983

He was just offered to us, doesn't mean we're actually consider signing. Well, at least I hope not but nothing can surprise me anymore with Laporta.

messi2140

6racies Xavi
While it's a bit harsh to judge a player that played less than 200 minutes , he really was rough in that little time he played. The one thing that surprised me is him getting caught off guard defensively a couple times. Ideally I would have sold Dest first , but can't do no much if there are no offers for him.

25M is a really decent price , just hope we don't spend that on another Garcia type defender or a hospital patient like Aguero.

Kul_z

Mandzukic is past it, but id rather have him upfront then braithgoat/griez..
He has same workrate or even better then cardioman, scores golazos when it matters, he's an alpha who doesnt take shit from anyone and fighting spirit that is id like to say similar to suarez.
Oh, and headers too. It doesnt sound that awful at all, but his condition is what worries me

Kul_z

And yes, like thomas muller said, you need one croat in your team to win cl

2021 - chelsea - kovacic
2020 - bayern - perisic
2019- liverpool - lovren
2017 - madrid - modric
2015 - rakitic
2014 - madrid - modric
2013 - bayern - mandzukic

Home of Barca Fans