England

Rory

Surprised Rashford hasn't been included despite how bad he's been for United. After Kane, he's been Southgate's most reliable scorer.
Delighted to see no Rashford or Henderson. Maybe Southgate knows it's now or never and is finally going with who deserves to be there over players he trusts.

Windhook

Never before I thought of England as one of the favorites. They are now.

Still, there's doubt in my mind due to the presence of Harry Kane. The guy is certified bad luck.

Rory

Wonder how it plays out with so many forwards who like to occupy the behind the striker area. Even Kane is at his best when dropping deep. If Bellingham can learn to run beyond Kane when he drops, then Foden/Saka/Palmer playing the right ball should be game over.

Windhook

Grealish gives me the Gascoigne vibes 28 years later on.:lol:

This might be the golden generation of English football. A dozen of foreign managers who work or worked in EPL deserve credit.

Porque

Provisional squad for England

Mainoo has brought that controlling balance that the team needed since the days of Scholes and Carrick

GOGsQ56aoAABjld

Who needs midfielders

Jenks

Not much to be made of this game, but Wharton is going to be in-demand before long I think. His rise has been quite rapid and there aren't many true #6's about.

Jenks

Maguire, Maddison, Branthwaite, Jones, Quansah, Trafford, and Grealish all dropped from the squad.

Birdy

Maguire, Maddison, Branthwaite, Jones, Quansah, Trafford, and Grealish all dropped from the squad.

I have been firm for years that Southgate is a terrorist who underutilizes the best generation of English talent.

But I have to admit: he is admirably RUTHLESS in calling the ones he thinks they deserve it, and have earned their place, and doesn't succumb to pressure of calling big team players OR players with history at the NT
Many should learn from this

KingLeo10

I have been firm for years that Southgate is a terrorist who underutilizes the best generation of English talent.

But I have to admit: he is admirably RUTHLESS in calling the ones he thinks they deserve it, and have earned their place, and doesn't succumb to pressure of calling big team players OR players with history at the NT
Many should learn from this

You know England had more talent in 00s, right? :lol: :lol:

Prime Rooney, Lampard, Scholes, Gerrard, Rio, Terry, Cole, Campbell, Beckham etc. etc.

Temptation

You know England had more talent in 00s, right? :lol: :lol:

Prime Rooney, Lampard, Scholes, Gerrard, Rio, Terry, Cole, Campbell, Beckham etc. etc.
Most English fans say that Ashley Cole is one of the greatest left backs of all time.

What's the consensus here regarding Cole? @soul24rage

IIRC, CR7 named him as the toughest opponent he ever faced.

soul24rage

Most English fans say that Ashley Cole is one of the greatest left backs of all time.

What's the consensus here regarding Cole? @soul24rage

IIRC, CR7 named him as the toughest opponent he ever faced.
I like Cole. Arguably the best LB of his generation. Incredibly smart of how he defends in a positional sense and 1-1.

His "lack" of success with only 1 CL and 3 PL pales compared to the other great LBs like Maldini, Roberto Carlos and Breitner

Home of Barca Fans