Eric Abidal

Stric

I had a dream this morning that Abi was subbed on in the second half vs. Deportivo. Camp Nou exploded. :wub: And we trashed them something like 13:2. Even in my dreams we can't keep a clean sheet. :lol:

barcanuck

Damn 13-2, sounds like a 4-1 to me then with Abi being in the stands getting lots of camera time. I'm so nervously waiting for his return.

PearLBLacK

Banned
Keep in mind he's 33, been off-pitch for more than a year, has been treated for serious illnesses, and his health is first and foremost his number one concern.

Lots of respect for him, but some here are expecting to throw him back in the lineup and bench Alba. I doubt he'll be playing competitively again. At most if health permitting he'll come on a match or two at the Camp Nou, get a deserved standing ovation, then call it a day.

Still a great man, one of the best and most inspirational personalities ever.

Diogo28

Keep in mind he's 33, been off-pitch for more than a year, has been treated for serious illnesses, and his health is first and foremost his number one concern.

Lots of respect for him, but some here are expecting to throw him back in the lineup and bench Alba. I doubt he'll be playing competitively again. At most if health permitting he'll come on a match or two at the Camp Nou, get a deserved standing ovation, then call it a day.

I agree with you. If he doesn't play this year, i doubt he'll ever play again, and that's perfectly fine for me.

Edman

I would just like to see him walk out on the pitch one more time. Even if it is the 90th minute of an unimportant match. He deserves a proper goodbye

Stric

I agree. At best he'll get a few appearances in the final minutes of already decided games. I don't see him playing any role bigger than that. Also, I can't stop thinking about how nerve-wrecking it would be to see him go into a duel and jump for a ball or something like that. I'd be on my toes every time he made contact with another player. Recovered or not, green light or not, him getting hit in the abdomen is not the same as anyone else getting hit.

Like someone said earlier, I'd just like to see Camp Nou and the club prepare something really special for him like they did for Pep and Messi. I want him to have his moment in front of the home crowd and exit with his head held high.

khaled_a_d

Gotta agree with you ,though I think he might go for an easier league if he can ,Qatar or MLS for example to enjoy some last time playing football ,but even that is a long shot

Y

Youngie

Abidal, who had transplant, will certainly play again this season, but probably only at the end. Staff doesn't want to rush anything. [md]

sabby

In our current situation, we need him badly. But his family needs him more. I hope he plays in the UCL final (if we qualify) and the last liga match for a few mins and picks up the trophies with Tito. Then he should be released to spend the rest of his life with his family. Imagine what they've gone through, especially his kids and wife.

Jelboo

Mad respect for him. He deserves some substitutions in games that have been decided already. I'm not sure we'll be seeing him at the Camp Nou next season, but for a player who has been so loyal and hardworking, I'd love to see him there one more time.

Eetu

Adormit
Played 65 minutes today in a friendly between Barca B and Istres.

1363696468957.jpg

Home of Barca Fans