Eric Abidal

Edman

There is no way he could start a game right away. He's been gone for months and he needs to be slowly re-integrated to get his game legs back. He might get in the final match squad and maybe he will get a substitute appearance. Even so, I don't expect more than 20-30 minutes max.
That's more than enough to give me a rock solid erection

barcanuck

It would be cool to just have him involved in the home games only, so he can stay in Barca and rest and not travel anywhere. He could hold down the fort at the Camp Nou! KING ABI is nearing his return I can feel it! :king::abidal:::party:

alex88bg

Imagining Abidal as our replacement CB as he reatains full match fitness would be the thing we needed till the end of the season ! And such a boost for the team,everyone would be so motivated to play for the Abi ,even messi would press hahaah (jokes on you) ;)

hellsangel1

We've really missed him. He lacked speed in his last couple of years and wasn't the most technically gifted of our players but he was generally sound defensively. The fact that we had Alves and Abidal provided more balance to the team because Abi was more conservative. Right now, having two attack-minded fullbacks opens us a little too much to the counter-attack.

Afro

@barcastuff: Official: Eric Abidal, who underwent a liver transplant in April, has been given the medical green light #fcblive

KING ERIC!

Stric

I doubt he'll start any game any time soon, possibly even for the rest of the season. He'll probably get some late minutes for the time being. Just look at Villa.

abual3bed1

You guys actually think that King Eric can start games after 2 weeks of being back from an 11 months stopping time?? Let's just enjoy him being back then talk about what can he offer later.

aaron101

Yeah let's not talk about him starting a game yet. As Abi himself said, he will go back step by step. So just 1 step at a time.

Last year in an interview in a French newspaper he said that he will try to get back to his best or even near his best but if hr feels that he doesn't belong there anymore, he will retire and give other young players chance.

I love how honest and realistic this guy is. He is really an inspiration. Can't wait for his comback at Camp Nou. The club should prepare a big flag for King Eric just like they did with Messi & Pep.

Home of Barca Fans