Eric Abidal

Stric

I love Pinto's home studio. :lol:

It's pretty cool, when your day job is playing in Barcelona, you can buy all the expensive studio gear that you could never afford as a struggling musician. :lol:

Galning

I don't think he'll start. But I'm pretty confident he will get minutes again because we can use every defender right now.

Stric

Abidal will not be starting any time soon. Most likely for the rest of the season. He's said so himself, he's only fit to play about 20-30 mins.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Short cameo but showed signs of the Abidal we have all missed...Also had his first brush with physical contact by a Zaragoza player which will probably continue to make me cringe a bit when it happens for awhile still

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
He's already a pretty old player, not to mention the fact that he JUST recovered from cancer... As much as I love him, it'd be best for his health if he retired after next season and settled down as a club official/ambassador possibly.

Elite-BkD

He's already a pretty old player, not to mention the fact that he JUST recovered from cancer... As much as I love him, it'd be best for his health if he retired after next season and settled down as a club official/ambassador possibly.

Makes me wonder how many times in the past year someone might have mentioned to him in person that he might be better off forgetting about ever playing again or something along those lines..I'd say if he wants it and is ready to make it happen, by all means..

khaled_a_d

when is the club planning on offering this legend a contract extension?

I read at barcastuff that actually we aren't planning to extend his contract ,he will be offered some position at the club
which makes sense tbh ,I like Abidal and the club have supported him in every possible way ,but we need to focus more on our goals next season and I think with his age and the age of our defense ,we need to get younger anyway

Stric

From what I've heard, he'll be offered a position at the club. I've also heard PSG are interested in him. So it's either accepting the position and retiring, leaving to PSG, or maybe none of the above. I doubt he'll be part of the first team next season.

khaled_a_d

I think his best option to move to another "money league" ,you know Qatar/UAE/MLS/Russia/Brazil etc
A less competing league while still being able to enjoy playing the game

dostoevskij

Doubt that he will go to PSG, rational choice would be to retire after this season, but its Abidal, who surprises everybody, so everything can happen!

Home of Barca Fans