Eric Abidal

zanela

Maxwell 'll be skinned alive by the Thongboy. He neither has the pace nor the physicality to keep up with CR. If Abidal doesn't make it, Puyol at LB with Pique+Milito at centre 'll do.

diegomessi

Anxiously waiting for the next match
Maxwell 'll be skinned alive by the Thongboy. He neither has the pace nor the physicality to keep up with CR. If Abidal doesn't make it, Puyol at LB with Pique+Milito at centre 'll do.

i say we tie dani alves to his legs the whole 90

beef-supreme

You're right Zanela, I agree with you, and I think it's very realistic that Pep will play that system.
i was referring more to the fact that Maxwell can get more playing time in Abidal's absence, because whenever Abidal is fit, Maxwell barely gets a Copa appearance. But yes, I think that your suggestion for the Clasico is definitely the most sensible. Besides, Piqué will be pumped to screw Madrid, so will el Capitan as he always is, Dani just likes to be a d*** and then we'll have Gabi back, who will be able to show up Madrid for rejecting him ;)

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
Puyol--Milito--Pique--Alves please for the clasico. As good as Abidal has been this season we can't rush him and expect a miracle.

samg85

Puyol--Milito--Pique--Alves please for the clasico. As good as Abidal has been this season we can't rush him and expect a miracle.

You never know, he might make it before the anticipated date just like he did in the champions league match against Inter. Everyone that has been injured always seem to recover quicker than anticipated. Five more matches till El Clásico. Hopefully he can play once or twice before the big game.

maxan10

SirTugAlot
Won't harm anyone having him back in the squad. As for the clasico, even if you were to use Alves for his pace to counter CR9, what makes you think Ronaldo will be rigid on the right, he will interchange and use his versatility well.

mike2334a

official site said he trained and he is working on his way back it was his first day tho do he should be back after we play zaragoza a game or two after!

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
official site said he trained and he is working on his way back it was his first day tho do he should be back after we play zaragoza a game or two after!

Great news but he is yet to train with the ball. He might beat the initial prognosis of 7 weeks by a week or so though.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
8 weeks would put him at April 7...March 31, would be the first leg of the CL and the 7 week marker that he may reach.

I would imagine, barring any surprises, Pep probably won't risk him right away

Home of Barca Fans