Eric Abidal

diegomessi

Anxiously waiting for the next match
i saw a video of him running at speed and jumping and changing direction at speed just yesterday so it seems he is very close to a return

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
i saw a video of him running at speed and jumping and changing direction at speed just yesterday so it seems he is very close to a return

Nice... He was in such a good form before he got injured, hope he picks up where he left off.

desoe

The ironic thing is that we'll probably need Abidal more against Arsenal than Inter. But hell, I'd take King Eric back any day soon.

barcetia

Mikrofonkåt
At that time, there were no other contenders. Cole injured. Evra was Evra, but still thought that Abidal was better. Arbeloa is overrated, Marcelo is Marcelo.

samg85

I would say that he was top LB before he got injured, maybe top 2 or 3 if you have doubts. Only his fellow countryman could possibly be ahead.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
He was the best LB in the world right before he was injured :(

no he wasn't.

cashley and evra are much much better LB's than he is or ever will be.

he was in exceptional form but that doesn't mean he has to be "the best in the world"

we're not gooners ffs.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
The ironic thing is that we'll probably need Abidal more against Arsenal than Inter. But hell, I'd take King Eric back any day soon.

I agree, their wingers are quite fast and Abidal has more experience dealing with these than Maxwell... I trust Maxwell though, as long as there's help from the rest of the team he should be able to handle Arsenal players...

Cal-FCB

Wurzeltron
It says a lot about how well Maxwell House has played that we've barely missed Abi (one of our best performers this season) during his injury.

Cal-FCB

Wurzeltron
no he wasn't.

cashley and evra are much much better LB's than he is or ever will be.

he was in exceptional form but that doesn't mean he has to be "the best in the world"

we're not gooners ffs.

Agree Cashley and Evra are better. Although what pissed me off midweek was the Sky lot saying "they missed Cashley going forward on the left". Absolute bollocks, he's far better defensively than going forward. Plus the fact Zhirkov has often been played as a left winger, he has a lot of attacking quality and is more of threat than Cashley.

zanela

Abi isn't as good going forward but on his day he is on par with the other two. What he lacks is consistency. But i'd take this pacy frenchie over the 2 midgets always.

Home of Barca Fans