Erling Haaland

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Not trying to be rude but I feel like that's a poor example. Went for a massive fee, on huge wages to one of the biggest revenue clubs in the world. Seems like money to me

No problem.

It was for big money, but he went to a team without CL. I think Raiola probably wanted him at a team like Real Madrid or Barca.

Raiola doesn't decide where his clients go. He might recommend a club to join, but his role is to help them get what they want, not make the decision for them.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
From the ESPN article Don posted:

"Haaland held similar rounds of talks with interested clubs, including Manchester United, before he left FC Salzburg to join Dortmund last January."

Raiola roadshow indeed.

Vilarrubi

From the ESPN article Don posted:

"Haaland held similar rounds of talks with interested clubs, including Manchester United, before he left FC Salzburg to join Dortmund last January."

Raiola roadshow indeed.
[MENTION=26762]Copperpot[/MENTION] and [MENTION=29763]Proper[/MENTION] in shambles.

xxxxxx

Clearly a PR stunt on everyone's behalf. Haaland's agent is using us to put pressure on the other clubs to put in big bids.

It also benefits Laporta in saying he tried to sign Haaland.

DonAK

It doesn't benefit Laporta PR-wise if he loses out on Haaland. Especially if it is to Real Madrid.

He doesn't have Bartomeu or Rosell's media backing to be saying "well at least I tried" while he goes on to sign some overpriced bum.

I think they'll go all-in, but of course in the end it depends on the player.

JamDav1982

It doesn't benefit Laporta PR-wise if he loses out on Haaland. Especially if it is to Real Madrid.

He doesn't have Bartomeu or Rosell's media backing to be saying "well at least I tried" while he goes on to sign some overpriced bum.

I think they'll go all-in, but of course in the end it depends on the player.

It does help him if looks like stuck to campaign rumours/hints to try and sign him and then states financial situation worse than thought and out bid.

Also can help drive up the price for teams like Real to sign him.

No lose situation really for Laporta. Wont get bad PR if cant sign him will just say in end couldnt match other offers even if that is not the case.

DonAK

You gotta be De Ligt's biggest fanboy here. :lol:

Maybe :coffee:

I think we'll need another CB next summer assuming Pique retires and De Ligt will probably get tired of sucking in Turin. I'm not totally convinced by Mingueza and Eric Garcia and while some La Masia guys are hyping up Cuenca on twitter just because he's doing well versus some U21 bums, I don't think spending 10m to bring him back is a good solution either.

Would obviously not mind some other CB, but I'll rather we spend significant amount of money on someone who will improve the team right away instead of doing so for some project.

xxxxxx

It does help him if looks like stuck to campaign rumours/hints to try and sign him and then states financial situation worse than thought and out bid.

Also can help drive up the price for teams like Real to sign him.

No lose situation really for Laporta. Wont get bad PR if cant sign him will just say in end couldnt match other offers even if that is not the case.

Exactly.

He can say he tried to sign him but Dortmund's price was too much. At least then he stuck to his promise of trying to make this team competitive by signing players like Haaland. It also helps his case by trying to keep Messi here.

Raiola also knows what he's doing. It's clear he's trying to put pressure on the other clubs to put in their bids. The more money that Dortmund gets for Haaland, the more money he makes from the sale.

I don't know. This seems very public for a big transfer like this. Seems very forced. Normally things like this are done in the background. You don't typically know about a big transfer till the last minute.

Home of Barca Fans