Erling Haaland

KingLeo10

Again, how do we know all this is not an April Fool's day thing?

Meanwhile, if British media published headlines saying Pool or City are signing Haaland with "April Fools" in bold face in the title...Birdy would go:

"Seems like a done deal to me guys".

:lol:

khaled_a_d

No lose situation really for Laporta. Wont get bad PR if cant sign him will just say in end couldnt match other offers even if that is not the case.

The "we couldnt match offer" in itself is huge loss for him PR wise. When Beckham deal didn't go through, it was huge back clash for Laporta.

And for someone who consistently denied giving names in his campaign, why try to risk it now when the benefit for him is even less.

Don't really see the PR angle here, for me we are clearly all in on Halaand, but at the end the player might choose to get somewhere else.

khaled_a_d

Maybe :coffee:

I think we'll need another CB next summer assuming Pique retires and De Ligt will probably get tired of sucking in Turin. I'm not totally convinced by Mingueza and Eric Garcia and while some La Masia guys are hyping up Cuenca on twitter just because he's doing well versus some U21 bums, I don't think spending 10m to bring him back is a good solution either.

Would obviously not mind some other CB, but I'll rather we spend significant amount of money on someone who will improve the team right away instead of doing so for some project.

We were actually linked with Lisandro Martinez today

JamDav1982

The "we couldnt match offer" in itself is huge loss for him PR wise. When Beckham deal didn't go through, it was huge back clash for Laporta.

And for someone who consistently denied giving names in his campaign, why try to risk it now when the benefit for him is even less.

Don't really see the PR angle here, for me we are clearly all in on Halaand, but at the end the player might choose to get somewhere else.

It isnt a loss for him if say ultimately couldnt match what was offered elsewhere and followed up by reports Haaland was keen on Barca but finances stopped it etc.

None of that would be even a remote loss let alone a huge loss.

No lose situation.

khaled_a_d

It isnt a loss for him if say ultimately couldnt match what was offered elsewhere and followed up by reports Haaland was keen on Barca but finances stopped it etc.

None of that would be even a remote loss let alone a huge loss.

No lose situation.

Even if he goes to RM?
Disagree here, awful PR if you personally get involved to lose to your rival.
Maybe if he goes to City he can play that card, even then not good look.

JamDav1982

Even if he goes to RM?
Disagree here, awful PR if you personally get involved to lose to your rival.
Maybe if he goes to City he can play that card, even then not good look.

Yes even if he goes to Real. It wont be a personal loss for Laporta at all. There is an easy out card and hints that Haaland really wanted Barca but finances stopped it etc.

The bigger loss would be seen to be backing out now and not even trying.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Yeah, don't see it as a loss for Laporta if Haaland goes elsewhere, as long as he is seen as trying his best to get him.

khaled_a_d

Yes even if he goes to Real. It wont be a personal loss for Laporta at all. There is an easy out card and hints that Haaland really wanted Barca but finances stopped it etc.

The bigger loss would be seen to be backing out now and not even trying.

Which I can trust cules to have same opinion as you, sadly I can't.
Anyway, Raiola is in Madrid as we speak, along Haaland's dad

Home of Barca Fans