Erling Haaland

El Flaco

I'm not sure how we can afford BVB's price of €150m and Haaland insane wage demands given to our €1.2B in debts.

Obviously, it's a number that a club of Barca's level can service when it's running well. However,, we have some problems.

. Short-term loans (like 100s of millions of euros) we've to pay soon
- A year of no ticket sales in our 100,000 seat stadium
- No revenues generated by museums/physical stores/stadium tours
- Possible reduced prize and sponsor money

Also, we've to offer a mega contract to an aging 34 year old Messi if we wanna keep him.

mc_lovin

I'm not sure how we can afford BVB's ?150 clause and Haaland insane wage demands given to our ?1.2B in debts.

Obviously, it's a number that a club of Barca's level can service when it's running well. However,, we have some problems.

- Possible eeduced prize and sponsor money

Also, we've to offer a mega contract to an aging 34 year old Messi if we wanna keep him.

I guess with a bit of fantasy its possible:
- Theres talk of a 30% paycut for Messi
- Restructuring debt
- Selling Barca Corporate for 250ME
- Other sales

My heart is not in it though. Couldnt care less if Haaland joins or not. Win/win for me :p

xxxxxx

Haaland agents will speak to Madrid today and then tomorrow they'll speak to 4 clubs in England. It's about getting that price up. Also, whoever will offer the most wages and signing-on fee.

xxxxxx

I guess with a bit of fantasy its possible:
- Theres talk of a 30% paycut for Messi
- Restructuring debt
- Selling Barca Corporate for 250ME
- Other sales

My heart is not in it though. Couldnt care less if Haaland joins or not. Win/win for me :p

The pay cut should way more than 30%. You're still talking about 70m euros plus a year with bonuses. Also, we would have to give him a big signing-on fee and his 33m loyalty fee. It's a rather expensive signing for a club that's in terrible debt.

mc_lovin

The pay cut should way more than 30%. You're still talking about 70m euros plus a year with bonuses. Also, we would have to give him a big signing-on fee and his 33m loyalty fee. It's a rather expensive signing for a club that's in terrible debt.

It should be more? Well, he still earns it.

Its all relatively speaking though. 30% is still roughly 40ME "more" a season if we can sustain our current level of spendings (debatable). That plus other high earners gone (Coutinho, Pjanic, Umtiti?) and suddenly theres a lot of room to get creative. Not that I would advocate it.

behindbrowneyes

I'm not sure how we can afford BVB's price of ?150m and Haaland insane wage demands given to our ?1.2B in debts.

- Possible reduced prize and sponsor money

They are listening to all offers from interested clubs and are sounding out their projects. Maybe Laporta is planning to get him in 2022. We'll find out sooner than later. Raiola needs to be prepared for everything. I highly doubt Erling wants to stay at BVB if they don't qualify for CL.

Of course Laporta will try everything to get him, but I doubt Barca can compete for him coming summer. 2022? Much more likely due to "low" buyout and a more relaxed travel/visitors situation.

Morten

No need to worry about both going to RM, there is no way we can afford both of them, and tbh, considering Bale is back next season + we are stuck with Hazard, we probably cant afford Haaland anyway.

Home of Barca Fans