Erling Haaland

Andresito

Staff member
These damn agents. Wasn't there supposed to be a 10% cap of the total price that the agent could get as a maximum?

Andrew M

Everyone says how much they hate Raiola, but if we were players we'd prob be happy to have him on our side.

Newcomer

Everyone says how much they hate Raiola, but if we were players we'd prob be happy to have him on our side.

That is true.

He managed to secure several high level (ans high paying) jobs for his clients, almost guaranteed playing time if they don't flop hard and he even got the luxury of getting a way out with a release clause.

Look at Pogba, he could have liked a release clause.

I don't like him since i'm on the side of my club but as a player, you really can't do better than him.

At least, he is not shopping them around in some obscure clubs or in second division for his business (Mendes and Wolverhampton for example, even if it paid off).

This is a bad news for PSG though.

CatalinR10

so the club paid more for raiola + player's dad than the player himself.

lmao.

these type of people are cancer to deal with , don't want him near our club.

Newcomer

so the club paid more for raiola + player's dad than the player himself.

lmao.

these type of people are cancer to deal with , don't want him near our club.
Well, i don't think anyone in this deal mind that situation.

His transfer fee was really low and you had to pay his agent no matter what. Even mire when there is so much competition for his signing.

Raiola seems to be the best at auctioning his clients for their highest possible value.
Even now, i doubt anyone is mad not having signed de Ligt up for that money. He will eventually grow into a big player but he was not a game changing signing.

khaled_a_d

Would prefer Mendes over him anyday.
There are many other great agents too who are very successful to get great deals and don't push themselves on the media.
Also, Raiola is a bit limited regarding clubs, It is either Juve/PSG/Manu if you are going to big club, the likes of Napoli/BVB to 2nd tier clubs.
Only Manu in the biggest 2 leagues, and they aren't winning trophies any time soon.

behindbrowneyes

Actually surprised Dortmund managed to get him.

This is one of those usual Salzburg to Leipzig transfers if I have seen it.

Not that surprised by his decision. Dortmund is a great choice to make the next step in his career. One of the biggest clubs in a competitive league but with less pressure/competition than at a club like Juve or United. Kid is smart and when Haaland continues to perform in Germany like he did in Austria he can literally join every team in Europe.

Leipzig couldn't afford him. Their (intern) salary cap is below Haaland's salary at Dortmund.

Newcomer

Would prefer Mendes over him anyday.
There are many other great agents too who are very successful to get great deals and don't push themselves on the media.
Also, Raiola is a bit limited regarding clubs, It is either Juve/PSG/Manu if you are going to big club, the likes of Napoli/BVB to 2nd tier clubs.
Only Manu in the biggest 2 leagues, and they aren't winning trophies any time soon.

You can see it with other eyes.

Raiola has those high profile who can have their packs out several very big clubs. The other clients are less known and aren't really bankable enough to draw attention from big or even second tier clubs.

Mendes has more "range" with his supply. He can propose an option to the very best clubs, the very good clubs, the good clubs, the average clubs. But, imo, Raiola doesn't do any favour to a club to expansion his business. He seeks out the best contract (money for him and player, playing time, release clause) while Mendes can just send his players to the clubs he is linked to. He did it with Monaco, Wolverhampton, his portuguese clubs, Atletico Madrid.

Both methods seem to work out for their clients but Raiola strikes me as having a more "personal" approach for every case.

Newcomer

Not that surprised by his decision. Dortmund is a great choice to make the next step in his career. One of the biggest clubs in a competitive league but with less pressure/competition than at a club like Juve or United. Kid is smart and when Haaland continues to perform in Germany like he did in Austria he can literally join every team in Europe.

Leipzig couldn't afford him. Their (intern) salary cap is below Haaland's salary at Dortmund.

Yeah. It is a good choice for him. He can grow quietly.

Home of Barca Fans