Erling Haaland

Vilarrubi

Surely if they miss out on CL he could publicly say he wants to leave hurting Dortmund’s bargaining power... (let’s hope)

fergus90

If he doesn't score they barely win. In the space of one year since joining them, he's gone from a young talent with a decent reputation to being relied upon to carry them.

Never worth 150 million though, the release fee is the appropriate price.

Last edited:

Newcomer

His personality is nothing like Zlatan's so I'm not sure he'll be one to keep hopping between clubs, but talking about that, if he want to play in the PL first then joining Man City and staying there until Pep leaves to hop to Barca or Real Madrid would be the move for them.

I don't really know (think) if that Zlatan journey is a testament of his personality. He didn't really jump from club to club on a whim.

He joined a top club in Juventus Turin but we all know what happened (Calciopoli). Being ambitious, he left to another ambitious club. He then joined an even bigger club in Bar?a for a very big fee. Things turned sour and he found his place in Milan AC. The latter club was experiencing financial trouble and had to sell both Thiago Silva and Ibrahimovic to PSG. He stayed at PSG for the longest time of his career and had to leave because the french club wouldn't offer him the contract he wanted. He goes to MU and does well until his unfortunate injury. The british club don't see a future for him and he goes for retirement in MLS. Then, he noticed he is still fresh enough to play in European League and goes back to Milan.

I'm not sure Haaland wouldn't do the same choices (bar the MLS choice) given the situation.

vuji_31

Paco,Aubameyang,Jovic,Haller,Rebic,Werner,Havertz,Modeste (25 goals 2016/17),Chicarito,Drmic,Mandzukic were players that scored about 20 goals in Bundesliga.

They all flooped in big clubs or didn't even make it to top clubs in the world. Haaland might be one of those. But again he scores like crazy in CL.
I will not be surprised if he is not even good as it seems for now.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
It's his CL performances that separates him from all those players. He's done that for Salzburg and for Dortmund.

Laplacian

Paco,Aubameyang,Jovic,Haller,Rebic,Werner,Havertz,Modeste (25 goals 2016/17),Chicarito,Drmic,Mandzukic were players that scored about 20 goals in Bundesliga.

They all flooped in big clubs or didn't even make it to top clubs in the world. Haaland might be one of those. But again he scores like crazy in CL.
I will not be surprised if he is not even good as it seems for now.

1. None of the players you mentioned had 43 goals in all comps by March. The major exception being Auba, who was successful for Arsenal during his first two years and was the joint top scorer in the PL.

2. None of them were scoring 10 goals in the UCL at the age of 20.

It's literally quite amazing. You guys will write walls and walls of texts to defend worthless talentless players whom can barely score 10 goals a season like Dembele and Depay, but will go out of your to talk shit against players literally scoring at an insane rate, a goal a game/40+ goals a year.

JohnN

Even the best if virtuosos can't sound good in an amateur band. We shall see what his worth when he arrives..

#HOPE

Home of Barca Fans