Erling Haaland

Yannik

Obviously he won't, but I so wish he'd just stay at Dortmund and they give him a fat contract. Anything might be possible when he moves to a top team, he could become the best striker of the upcoming decade, or he'll flop and decline. I don't know if if I want to find out, I'm already having a ton of fun watching him and I hope this lasts for a while.

serghei

It's gonna take 3-4 decades for these oil clubs to reach the status of Barca, Madrid, Bayern. And that only if they play their cards right.

fergus90

Obviously he won't, but I so wish he'd just stay at Dortmund and they give him a fat contract. Anything might be possible when he moves to a top team, he could become the best striker of the upcoming decade, or he'll flop and decline. I don't know if if I want to find out, I'm already having a ton of fun watching him and I hope this lasts for a while.

To be fair Dortmund are a huge club in their own right, if they can win Bundesliga and get far into the CL then he has no need to leave in the short-term.

serghei

To be fair Dortmund are a huge club in their own right, if they can win Bundesliga and get far into the CL then he has no need to leave in the short-term.

Porto, Benfica, Ajax are very big clubs too. Dortmund can't compete with Bayern financially so they need to sort that out first.

KingLeo10

Porto, Benfica, Ajax are very big clubs too. Dortmund can't compete with Bayern financially so they need to sort that out first.

Ajax especially. One could argue they were higher pedigree than Barcelona until the late 1990s. And in contention with best club of the 20th century along with RM and Milan.

Yannik

Dortmund is definitely a different category financially than these. They began the transition to a big club just 10 years ago, it takes a while until the financial situation and their wage budget adjusts to the level they are at right now but they are already paying different sums and giving higher contracts out than they did in 2013.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I think in the foreseeable future Dortmund will still be a place where a lot of younger players will join to have a lot of minutes to use as a springboard to go to Bayern and foreign top clubs. Breaking Bayern's Bundesliga streak for a season or two might not be enough.

Laplacian

So. Much. Open. Space. In. These. Games.

Regardless, dude is incredible. Hopefully he doesn't go to City next year if they fail to get Kane.

Mateka

Not really. They were close to the CL semifinal in 2013 with Carlo. Since then they only bettered that result twice in 8 years.

Looking at the teams City and PSG have assembled, they have played their cards right so far. Trophies are following.

Home of Barca Fans