Erling Haaland

Morten

Thank you that I am more mannered than another. City can do wrong in my eyes. Is any footballer worth a 100m? Yes, I know the answer is Messi. I am glad City signed Grealish, but not for a 100 m. I would not sign Kane for the rumoured 120-150m.

I would do all that I can to keep Laporte and Silva, I hope City are too.

I mean, when your club basically has unlimited money, does transfer fees even matter anymore?

Mateka

PSG also had a history before the Qataris took over. It doesn't matter what the roots were, the "oil club" or state club label is justified because oil money is key to where these clubs are today and it defines the state of these clubs right now.

I think there has been a difference between City and PSG. I understand the oil club grouping.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I think there has been a difference between City and PSG. I understand the oil club grouping.

Sure there is. I have long believed that City, or the owner of City the CFG, is genuinely passionate about football, it wants to build a global football conglomerate whereas PSG, or the owner of it is more or less in for a quick fame or publicity gains.

Sterlingfan2000

Sure there is. I have long believed that City, or the owner of City the CFG, is genuinely passionate about football, it wants to build a global football conglomerate whereas PSG, or the owner of it is more or less in for a quick fame or publicity gains.

Hahahah no. PSG is more passionate about football then City Owner. Nassar and Al Hamad are football mad people.

They just have different approaches. PSG buys galacticos because they can do it in their farmers League.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Just seen the goals again, the way how he bend the ball for his second goal, amazing. This guy's finishing is out of this world. If we get this dude we will be fine for 10 years on the striker position.

FC433

Is it safe to say that he is a pure classic CF who needs to be fed just like Lukaku, Lewandowski, or Drogba to name a few? Could he develop into CFs that can somewhat create for themselves such as Eto'o, Forlan, Aguero, or Benzema? I definitely do not see him becoming well-rounded CFs like Romario, R9, or Suarez. Thoughts?

Just to note, those categories are personal, there can be more/ less than those three.

Yannik

Is it safe to say that he is a pure classic CF who needs to be fed just like Lukaku, Lewandowski, or Drogba to name a few? Could he develop into CFs that can somewhat create for themselves such as Eto'o, Forlan, Aguero, or Benzema? I definitely do not see him becoming well-rounded CFs like Romario, R9, or Suarez. Thoughts?

Just to note, those categories are personal, there can be more/ less than those three.

I mean he isnt really a poacher or someone that lurks around the box. He drops pretty deep most of the time to receive a pass and then carries it all the way forward. He isnt a big passer, nor a big dribbler. But everytime he gets the ball in some space and begins his trade mark bull charge it always needs 2 defenders to stop him.

It looks primitive, but everytime he does it the stadium goes loud, the defenders visibly panic and it creates space for either him or a teammate. Wouldnt really compare to other strikers, because tgere hasnt been too many worldclass strikers that have this type of "brutal flair". Hes not complete, he's just scary good in the things he does best.

Last edited:

Laplacian

Just because he won't be one of the most complete strikers in history like R9 and Romario, doesn't mean he's a poacher or a limited striker. He has tons of goals and highlights of him carrying the ball from midfield into the final third. Pure poachers like Inzaghi don't do that.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Just because he won't be one of the most complete strikers in history like R9 and Romario, doesn't mean he's a poacher or a limited striker. He has tons of goals and highlights of him carrying the ball from midfield into the final third. Pure poachers like Inzaghi don't do that.

yeahh, he isnt a pure poacher like a icardi or inzaghi. He has good long shots, can run very fast with the ball, great ball control, knows how to pass well, only dribbling is maybe a bit under average but he is 1.94m tall - a real giant so of course its difficult to dribble.

BBZ8800

Isn't Romario slightly overrated on our forum?

Why is he mentioned among all time greats at all?

Romario had 65 matches and 39 goals for Barca.
1-2 years later (similar era), Ronaldo9 had 49 matches and 47 goals.

Romario's career outside of Brasil was far from all time great's.

He banged goals at Brasil, Psv.
Played 18 months at Barca and 12 matches for Valencia.

Home of Barca Fans