Erling Haaland

Morten

Not really. They were close to the CL semifinal in 2013 with Carlo. Since then they only bettered that result twice in 8 years.

They'll get there soon enough, still, PSG-supporters could at least wait until they win it before they act like the own the world, at least Chelsea-supporters are less smug about it.

serghei

Looking at the teams City and PSG have assembled, they have played their cards right so far. Trophies are following.

We'll see. So far, CL hasn't come. And Ligue 1 is nearly irrelevant. City did better because EPL is an elite league.

serghei

They'll get there soon enough, still, PSG-supporters could at least wait until they win it before they act like the own the world, at least Chelsea-supporters are less smug about it.

They will sooner or later, but it's a long road to multiple CLs if it takes you 10 years to win one.

Also this cycle of theirs is banking on 1-2 CLs quickly. If they miss it and lose Mbappe they have to start over.

Mateka

We'll see. So far, CL hasn't come. And Ligue 1 is nearly irrelevant. City did better because EPL is an elite league.

City won the most silverware of any team in the EPL for the decade 2010-2020. They need to win the CL, but are getting closer.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
If Mbappe stays in Paris he'll go to Real Madrid.

Real Madrid will get one of Mbappe and Haaland because they seem to be both players' preference.

Mateka

I would like City to win CL because they have never won it. They are bracketed with PSG when oil clubs are mentioned. Tho City were founded in 1880.

DonAK

I would like City to win CL because they have never won it. They are bracketed with PSG when oil clubs are mentioned. Tho City were founded in 1880.

City might have been founded before PSG and have a longer or richer history, but they have the most dead fanbase among all the top clubs.

Mateka

City might have been founded before PSG and have a longer or richer history, but they have the most dead fanbase among all the top clubs.

I disagree. When relegated to the third tier of English football their fans remained loyal. 30,000 in attendance, higher than some clubs in the English top division at the time.28000 plus was the average attendance. 13 th highest in all of the four English leagues, yet City in the third division.
One of the reasons their fans sing ‘we’re not really here’.

Last edited:

DonAK

I disagree. When relegated to the third tier of English football their fans remained loyal. 30,000 in attendance, higher than some clubs in the English top division at the time.

Your fans make less noise than our tourists. Do you even fill up the stadium?

Mateka

Your fans make less noise than our tourists. Do you even fill up the stadium?

Stadium has been extended and is not full. In the barren years, City were calamitous. If any team could lose a lead, score an own goal, it was City. That led to a touch of anxiety amongst fans at games, fearing the worst. City had won the English title before any recent finance and a European cup. But then as United soared they declined. Etihad can be quiet at times in games. But whatever the criticism of City, the fans take it, and do not worry about it. Because they know what it’s like to go down to tier 3, and get back up and are now flying.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire

PSG also had a history before the Qataris took over. It doesn't matter what the roots were, the "oil club" or state club label is justified because oil money is key to where these clubs are today and it defines the state of these clubs right now.

khaled_a_d

They will sooner or later, but it's a long road to multiple CLs if it takes you 10 years to win one.

Also this cycle of theirs is banking on 1-2 CLs quickly. If they miss it and lose Mbappe they have to start over.

They aren't CL contender without him tbh.
You need speed in frontline, or you are inviting troubles to your midfield and attack.

Mateka

Mateka is the more mannered, English version of Jair Ventura. City can do no wrong in his eyes.

Thank you that I am more mannered than another. City can do wrong in my eyes. Is any footballer worth a 100m? Yes, I know the answer is Messi. I am glad City signed Grealish, but not for a 100 m. I would not sign Kane for the rumoured 120-150m.

I would do all that I can to keep Laporte and Silva, I hope City are too.

Home of Barca Fans