Erling Haaland

Havesaks

He doesn't have Mbappé acceleration which is kinda more useful in football, but he's rapid over distance.

Between his first and second goal, there was a sequence where he rushed to the goalie and reached the ball even though he was far from the ball. There his accelartion looked pretty good. Isn't it more acceleration with the ball to his feet which isn't his strong suit. The first goal he accelerated also damn quick to reach it now I think about it.

It's a long time, if ever, since I have seen a run literally from one goal to the other - in such a fast pace. What a sequence. Thanks for sharing - I missed it. What time was it?

El Gato

Villarato!
I believe he would prefer the Premier League, but that's just silly lol.

Why's it silly? Barca are historically a team of midgets relying on speed, balance and possession. He'd be a fish out the water in any Cruyffista system, not to mention he is not stupid enough to step into a club that's an institutional mess that has just had 15 years of a GOAT playing for them. He would sooner make his own legacy in England.

I don't think he will ever play in Spain. Not with this agent either.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Between his first and second goal, there was a sequence where he rushed to the goalie and reached the ball even though he was far from the ball. There his accelartion looked pretty good. Isn't it more acceleration with the ball to his feet which isn't his strong suit. The first goal he accelerated also damn quick to reach it now I think about it.

It's a long time, if ever, since I have seen a run literally from one goal to the other - in such a fast pace. What a sequence. Thanks for sharing - I missed it. What time was it?

Around 13 min.

Here, you should be able to see it in Denmark, better quality too.

[tw]1229873133697544192[/tw]

Why's it silly? Barca are historically a team of midgets relying on speed, balance and possession. He'd be a fish out the water in any Cruyffista system, not to mention he is not stupid enough to step into a club that's an institutional mess that has just had 15 years of a GOAT playing for them. He would sooner make his own legacy in England.

By the time he leaves Dortmund, Barcelona might look very different with a lot of new players and a new President and Board.

wisconsincule

This is exactly something someone would say who is terrified of him playing for Barca...

El Gato

Villarato!
By the time he leaves Dortmund, Barcelona might look very different with a lot of new players and a new President and Board.

Sure. IMO you'll always try to be a particular kind of side, no matter who's in charge. Dogma is strong.

JamDav1982

Would imagine the last place Haaland wants to go is a slow, old Barca system built to get Messi on ball.

He would play nothing like the role of a CF at Barca in way he would at other clubs that would be built for him.

Gnidrologist

If I will win on the elections, we will change that.

HOPE
If you will win we're going to clone 40y old Rakitic to play in all positions simultaneously.

Anyhow, Haland is seems to be real deal. Oldschool striker in the vain of great 90's legends like Shearer. Doesn't hesitate, does not try to be too cute, just does his prime responsibility with impunity.

Last edited:

Yannik

Around 13 min.

Here, you should be able to see it in Denmark, better quality too.

[tw]1229873133697544192[/tw]

I think he will leave in 2021. Remember he has a release clause.

wisconsincule

Would imagine the last place Haaland wants to go is a slow, old Barca system built to get Messi on ball.

He would play nothing like the role of a CF at Barca in way he would at other clubs that would be built for him.

Yeah because the CF for Barca hardly scores any goals. :suarez:

El Gato

Villarato!
This is exactly something someone would say who is terrified of him playing for Barca...

Maybe. 'Science is only superseded by better science.'

Why would he join you? You've just had 15-20 years of Messi, you're not trendy or attractive for most players who have an ounce of ambition to make their own mark, or didn't identify themselves with Barcelona brand. If he came here within the next 5-10 years he would ALWAYS have to fight the perception that he's the successor. It's signing up for a life of frustration. IMO it won't happen.

And he won't sign for Madrid either as long as he stays with Raiola.

United is next and bar the changes on executive side (which would eventually be forced if a star like Haaland came in just out of passion for the badge and his talent was getting wasted by bad project management), they're ideal for him. It's written in the stars. If he ever steps into Spain, it'll be the Henry type deal.

Home of Barca Fans