Erling Haaland

Messigician

He is good don't get me wrong. But is a Sir Alex type of player. Very similar to Robin Van Persie, Nilstelrooy, Cantons etc. He is not suited to Barcelona.

serghei

He is good don't get me wrong. But is a Sir Alex type of player. Very similar to Robin Van Persie, Nilstelrooy, Cantons etc. He is not suited to Barcelona.

He is very suited to Barcelona and gives us a plan B we've been needing for years, since the plan A no longer worked as well.

Riordon

Should never think about coming here. He will be reduced to another player who needs to adapt his game to Messi and play slow positional football that hasn’t worked in Europe since Pep bar a Lucho season.

Imagine this guy in Liverpool, Madrid or Bayern. His rise fits well with Lewandoski’s age but what can it be with Kloop man

henias

He will grow more in Dortmund than Barcelona at the moment. I like him but still want the best for him. Maybe after Barca have rebuilt over the years then we'll go for him.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Can Haland play, or does he thrive in possession-based systems that don't do counters that much and where there is a not a whole lot of space?

BBZ8800

Anyhow, Haland is seems to be real deal. Oldschool striker in the vain of great 90's legends like Shearer. Doesn't hesitate, does not try to be too cute, just does his prime responsibility with impunity.

A good old No9 like: Ruud, Batistuta, Crespo, Larsson, Makaay.
No fancy moves. Just goals, goals, goals.

There aren't many players of that kind today.

mc_lovin

Why's it silly? Barca are historically a team of midgets relying on speed, balance and possession.

Thats nonsense. Just look at our past strikers.

But Haaland looks destined for the premier league, he seems to have a very clear career plan.

wisconsincule

Maybe. 'Science is only superseded by better science.'

Why would he join you? You've just had 15-20 years of Messi, you're not trendy or attractive for most players who have an ounce of ambition to make their own mark, or didn't identify themselves with Barcelona brand. If he came here within the next 5-10 years he would ALWAYS have to fight the perception that he's the successor. It's signing up for a life of frustration. IMO it won't happen.

And he won't sign for Madrid either as long as he stays with Raiola.

United is next and bar the changes on executive side (which would eventually be forced if a star like Haaland came in just out of passion for the badge and his talent was getting wasted by bad project management), they're ideal for him. It's written in the stars. If he ever steps into Spain, it'll be the Henry type deal.

I look at it in the exact opposite way. Messi will be leaving sooner than later. He gets the chance to be the star after Messi is gone.

Barcelona also pay the most in player salaries.

Who knows where he will end up but I wouldn’t write Barcelona off.

El Gato

Villarato!
I look at it in the exact opposite way. Messi will be leaving sooner than later. He gets the chance to be the star after Messi is gone.

Barcelona also pay the most in player salaries.

Who knows where he will end up but I wouldn’t write Barcelona off.

Nobody wants to be the 'star after Messi' in the short term. Or nobody who's smart enough to realise why it's a bad idea.

Name one team in any sport who had 20 years era dominated by one GOAT level personality that didn't have to suffer the scorched Earth period of minimum 5 years.

KingLeo10

Nobody wants to be the 'star after Messi' in the short term. Or nobody who's smart enough to realise why it's a bad idea.

Name one team in any sport who had 20 years era dominated by one GOAT level personality that didn't have to suffer the scorched Earth period of minimum 5 years.

You lot seem pretty alright after CR7. Not as good as you were with him obviously, but Hazard came. Mbappe seems to be coming this summer or the next. The reign is less at a decade but he gave you GOAT level numbers.

Home of Barca Fans