Erling Haaland

mc_lovin

It really depends on how our revenue recovered this season. If we are back at ~800m/year Haaland looks quite doable.

topt

30m gross per year is definitely more bearable than the rumored 50m+. Should be roughly 50m/year with wages+amortization (fee for BVB, dad, Raiola). Compared to what we paid for Griezmann it's brilliant business :S

Why would he take only 30 if Mbappe will get 50, just no way

topt

Probably because Real Madrid are not going to offer Mbappe 50m.

PSG were offering Mbappe 50, if he goes to madrid than they will go after Haaland with the same salary; no way he will leave that much money on the table

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
PSG were offering Mbappe 50, if he goes to madrid than they will go after Haaland with the same salary; no way he will leave that much money on the table

You never know, I think Mbappe will go to Madrid even with less money offered from them. Money can't buy everything and the only thing PSG can throw at Mbappe right now is money.

serghei

You never know, I think Mbappe will go to Madrid even with less money offered from them. Money can't buy everything and the only thing PSG can throw at Mbappe right now is money.

Never underestimate the power of money. Madrid only have better prestige and history than PSG. How much that is worth for Mbappe we will see.

Joan

Will throw his here, and expect the mad reactions to kick in:

Auba better than Erling in penetration against deep blocks

Even if true (which might be based on a very limited sequence of matches Auba played for us), the question is how long it lasts. Auba could very well not be the same player next season, with his legs suddenly gone. Haaland is a risky investment but a high profit one. In more ways, not only sporting wise.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Even if true (which might be based on a very limited sequence of matches Auba played for us), the question is how long it lasts. Auba could very well not be the same player next season, with his legs suddenly gone. Haaland is a risky investment but a high profit one. In more ways, not only sporting wise.

Exactly. The latest calculation of brand value out of Spain is placing us at 499m, 101m behind that of Madrid (a fictitious BS figure but nevertheless indicative of how much we have fallen on the commercial front), we need somebody like Haaland to drive up the value and commercial negotiation power, alone.

behindbrowneyes

I don't believe those rumors.. I barca seems incapable of spending those numbers next summer... Move on

Maybe, maybe not. Everything depends on the revenue at the end of current season. Barca will have income through sales next summer, but we still can't know what rules for the salary cap will be applied. Will the 1/4-rule still be there? Will rules be relaxed due to a positive result? Will last years loss directly be deducted from the numbers at the end of current season, so no way around the 1/4 rule and a low salary cap? No one seems to know really.

All we can say so far is that Barca seems to save money. Pretty much every rumoured player bar Haaland will be a free agent next summer. Either they have money for a big transfer or there won't just be no money. I believe it's the former, but we'll only know in a few months.

Zidane82

He has said on many occasions that the money is not paramount . The style of play is the key .

Thankfully we have turned a corner and are now looking better with each game imho

Catta

We should all hope he signs for us, because if he doesn't I can see the club blowing the money on Isak or some other average striker, instead of improving the defense.

FinBarcelonafan

We should all hope he signs for us, because if he doesn't I can see the club blowing the money on Isak or some other average striker, instead of improving the defense.

That's my nightmare too. We need to wait for the right player. Not panic splash.

Home of Barca Fans