Erling Haaland

topt

He has said on many occasions that the money is not paramount . The style of play is the key .

Thankfully we have turned a corner and are now looking better with each game imho

dont buy this propganda crap, its always the money

FinBarcelonafan

dont buy this propganda crap, its always the money

Nah. He comes from a wealthy family and is Norwegian. I don't think it's about money. If it was about money Newcastle and PSG offered more.

I think he wants competitive offer though. You can't low-ball him and expect him to sign him. (Raioola is known for being pretty ruthless though).

FC B

Even if he'd underperform at Barca he's too young and too good not to be able to sell him without losing much. Injury wise it's a risk but would be way too much for Barca after Dumbele and Fati.

Messi983

He was in Munich, perhaps to see the renowned Dr. Wohlfahrt? If so, I trust Dr. Wohlfahrt will fix him up alright.

What exactly is his injury?

He was in Munich to meet Xavi. :lol:

30m gross per year is definitely more bearable than the rumored 50m+. Should be roughly 50m/year with wages+amortization (fee for BVB, dad, Raiola). Compared to what we paid for Griezmann it's brilliant business :S

According to MD our offer is his wages would raise from 20m in first season to 30m in second, then 40m, 50m and 55m in last three years. So 195m in 5 years, averaging 39m/season. Raiola prefers a 3+2 year contract though.

Blackened

His main skill is trying to beat the offside trap. On the ball he is very mediocre. He is all about pace. Mbappe obviously is a much, I mean much better all-around footballer.

mc_lovin

I am truly not a fan, but he's quite good technically. I wouldn't reduce him to pace.

I get the appeal of signing him, but I am not invested in this saga at all. Quite frankly I couldn't care less if he joins us or not. But the salt from other fan bases would be fun :lol:

RF20

Banned
I think his playing style is very tiring for him physically.

This will only compound his injury issues. I can't see him having much longevity.

Vlahovic will have the better career imo.

RF20

Banned
If Real land both Mbappe and Haaland, will Barca be able to compete with them for the next 5 years? Aren't you lot worried that their team will be too overpowered?

Genuine question to the Culers.

mc_lovin

If Real land both Mbappe and Haaland, will Barca be able to compete with them for the next 5 years? Aren't you lot worried that their team will be too overpowered?

It hardly ever worked like that in football... making predictions for 5 years and such.

But the answer is we compete by technical brilliance. When things click for us we are usually quite consistent in the league at the very least (not CL).

fergus90

Not necessarily, as the Galactico era of 2001-2004 for Real didn't result in dominance then, although Barca was also poor at the time. Then when Real got Ronaldo and Kaka in the same window, it took about three years before Madrid started to fall into place then too.

Football changes too much to look too far ahead in my opinion. Perhaps if they also get a top coach and reinforce their midfield too then they could be dominant. In many ways the Bartomeu era followed that example, pad out the frontline with star names but obvious drops in quality elsewhere were left unaddressed.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans