Erling Haaland

jamrock

Galatico policies rarely work out for either team I'm not worried if they get both, I'm more worried if they get 1 & build a solid team around whoever that is.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Yet Laporta wants to bend the newly established limits on the wage bill, and put us in a financial black hole again

It is fine as long as these injuries are fully healed and have no long term impacts, it is not like a knee injury. But valid points have been made about how he uses his body etc. which might be more injury-inducing etc.

We will have to see then.

Birdy

It is fine as long as these injuries are fully healed and have no long term impacts, it is not like a knee injury. But valid points have been made about how he uses his body etc. which might be more injury-inducing etc.

We will have to see then.

I have argued why I think he doesn't fit here.
But if his strongest trait in physicality and pace, declines with every passing here, we are screwed ...

Laplacian

His main skill is trying to beat the offside trap. On the ball he is very mediocre. He is all about pace. Mbappe obviously is a much, I mean much better all-around footballer.

This is a super bad take. One only has to watch his goals to see that he's an exceptional finisher with an incredible sense of exploiting space and the opposition's movement against them. He has the brain of a poacher, has the technique to score from various areas and angles, and has the athleticism to beat most defenses in Europe.

Limiting him as an offside trap merchant is just brainless really.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTt4a5QKPUo

It's like you know we're not going to get him so you're coping by saying shit like "meh he's not that good anyways." Dude literally scores in almost every game he plays lol.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Raiola and Barca are trying to put the shitters up Real so they pay more money for Haaland.

That is where he wants to go and Barca know it.

RF20

Banned
Ok so outside goals, how does Fati's and Haaland's overall game compares??

Both have great end product amd are injury prone but how would you compare the rest of their attributes?

Zidane82

Ok so outside goals, how does Fati's and Haaland's overall game compares??

Both have great end product amd are injury prone but how would you compare the rest of their attributes?

Cannot compare their relative injuries imho

Fati looks to be finished tbh

jamrock

Barce benefits zero from trying to make Madrid pay more nor does it affect Madrid who have the money to pay if they think the player is worth it, if they are negotiating it's because they think they have a chance, however small or big that maybe.

JamDav1982

Of course Barca benefit if Real have to pay more.

That is like claiming it makes no difference to Barca if Real paid 200m for Mbappe last summer or free now as 'they can afford it'.

Birdy

This is a super bad take. One only has to watch his goals to see that he's an exceptional finisher with an incredible sense of exploiting space and the opposition's movement against them. He has the brain of a poacher, has the technique to score from various areas and angles, and has the athleticism to beat most defenses in Europe.

Limiting him as an offside trap merchant is just brainless really.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTt4a5QKPUo

It's like you know we're not going to get him so you're coping by saying shit like "meh he's not that good anyways." Dude literally scores in almost every game he plays lol.

Probably it's you with the weird take really, especially using this vid as evidence.

Watched all the vid, and counted:
34 goals which were either tap-ins or 1-1 with the keeper (Estimate all of them have xG of more than big chance)
4 headers
4 pens

This leaves us with only 7 (!) goals which were different, or vs an organized defense.
And frankly even out of them, only a shot outside the box vs Bayern and a bicycle volley against Shalke stand out as GOOD FINISHES.

Again, I don't know why you can't see that 34 goals out of 49 were scored:
EITHER in open-space or open-space related situations (counter, successful pressing and steal of defender) (Most of them, in line with how BvB plays and the kindergarten defenses in Germany)
OR when everyone else of BvB did exceptional work to put him almost in open net (few of them)

Open play situations will occur only 10% of the goals Barca needs to score week in, week out.
Unless we become some kind of 'cross and insalah' team that just spams crosses for his head, I don't see any fit in his style.

On the contrary, what's really worrying in this compilation, is that it shows again his limited ability in controlling the ball when running.
He can't really dribble, he can just kick the ball away and run, whenever he tries to cut it or do sth that requires technique,
well...

Home of Barca Fans