Erling Haaland

Andresito

Staff member
Haaland and Mbappe don't mix. Both aspire to be no1. If both play in the same team, one is gonna be the sidekick of the other.
Should be the same with Vini and Mbappe no? And in same position too.
Could even argue Jude loses out on that spotlight too.

serghei

Should be the same with Vini and Mbappe no? And in same position too.
Could even argue Jude loses out on that spotlight too.

Yes. They already have an overbooking in terms of attacking players who aspire to be main star. Adding Haaland on top of that makes even less sense if you think about it.

Maybe Haaland is a good guy who is altruistic and is not that interested in becoming an individual award winning player. This could be a possibility, but is quite rare for players who can be no1 to give up on that personal objective.

If they sell Vinicius... could be done probably. Don't think either Vinicius or Mbappe can play right wing. They are both right-footed and would benefit the most from playing on the left cutting inside on their strong foot. They probably signed Mbappe to turn him into some sort of a 9.

Last edited:

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
9 goals so far in the first 4 matches of the season. Still one more half to play. New PL record. 99 goals for City already. Legend in the making.

Loki

The other side of the story is, that no striker ever had it that easy to score goals in the PL, as there was never a similar dominant team like City is today. A perfectly oiled machine providing assist after assist on the assembly line.
I'm sure a prime Suarez/Aguero/Ibra wouldn't score less in today's City.

Windhook

Never been a fan of era comparisons.

I'm happy for him, Haaland is the top CF in the world and the sport needs a rivalry. Vini, Bellingham, whatever.

feggydinho

The other side of the story is, that no striker ever had it that easy to score goals in the PL, as there was never a similar dominant team like City is today. A perfectly oiled machine providing assist after assist on the assembly line.
I'm sure a prime Suarez/Aguero/Ibra wouldn't score less in today's City.
In terms of scoring, I think Haaland takes it. His goal ratio in all the clubs he has played in so far is scary (He's big and has crazy pace and strength), man also has 32 goals in 35 games for Norway, so it's not just about City. He did the same thing in Red Bull Salzburg and Dortmund

Don Juan Laporta Estruch

The real test is next week Vs Gabriel and Saliba. It's all very well dunking on cannon fodder, but him ghosting against half decent opposition is what he has been doing for a while now.

He needs to change that otherwise it will become a huge bone of contention when comparing him alongside other great strikers, and rightly so.

fergus90

Scored against every club he’s played in England.

If he stays injury free he’s going to overtake Aguero in about two more seasons which is just madness.

Andresito

Staff member
I always thought he'd be a player that would move often, kinda like Ibra.

There's recently been reports of a new contract. I think City players will be cautious with accepting new deals with Pep uncertain, but he seems to enjoy City and there's really no reason to move atm.

Porque

City will just keep increasing his wage until Haaland wants to move. And then at that point there will only be three options to earn the same or more. The Qatari state, The Saudi State or the Spanish State.

You sell Haaland and you can't replace his output at any price. For modern physical machine football he is the perfect striker.

Home of Barca Fans