Erling Haaland

MontenegrinCuler

The biggest obstacle I see in our Haaland transfer is that Haaland is the best striker in the world right now, and that by a huge distance. Selling him makes absolutely zero as you simply can't find a better replacement. The only way it makes sense is if you are short of money, which City for damn sure isn't.

Don Juan Laporta Estruch

City may not have a choice in whether he stays or not. Their court case starts this week and if found guilty there will be huge pressure from the traditional big clubs to see them relegated.

They are not part of the EPL cartel clubs ( Chelsea, Utd, Liverpool, Arsenal ) so it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if they relegated City.

Can't see Haaland playing in the Championship, not even for one year. We are making a marquee signing next season and where better place for him than here.

He knows there are too many to share star status with at Madrid.

To cut a long story short, let's all hope City get found guilty. :pep:

Andresito

Staff member
The biggest obstacle I see in our Haaland transfer is that Haaland is the best striker in the world right now, and that by a huge distance. Selling him makes absolutely zero as you simply can't find a better replacement. The only way it makes sense is if you are short of money, which City for damn sure isn't.
Doesn't he have a release clause of like 175m?

FCBarca

Mike the Knife

Do not overlook the player’s will, Pep will never keep a player who desires to exit which doesn’t equate to giving him away for a pittance but its long been rumored City was a pitstop before playing in his prime elsewhere. More and more these days you see young players sign contracts with an eye for the short & medium term while keeping ensuring his exit strategy isn’t paralyzed by untenable terms - Haaland was a signing who could dictate such terms and these things aren’t always public. Nico is a great example, he was extended with a bumper increase in his wages but his buyout did not change (and it is low for his profile)

I have the impression Laporta covets this shiny toy and unclear whether he should force this or if tactically we need his profile in this squad - ultimately Flick will or should have a say here but a WC striker makes sense

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Need Man City to get relegated or something for this to have a chance :lol:
And as we all know, money rules the world so they'll at best probably get minus 10-20 points to start next season.

Home of Barca Fans