Ernesto Valverde - V1

Barcilliant

Something like ValverdeOut or ErnestoValverdeOut if the former is taken. Then share it with one of the popular Barca accounts and it’ll be widespread hopefully. Maybe it won’t work but at least we’re doing things. Barca tweets and insta posts comments are still filled with ValverdeOut so that’s a good sign.

I have been hammering the clubs Facebook and YouTube page with #Valverdeout. I'll see what I can do.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
Everyday I wake up and check the news to see if he's out... But every day that passes it looks more and more like he's staying, fuck this shit!

George_Costanza

Teflon Ernie. $hit even Pep's coming out in support. Either all these people are delusional or they know something we don't. All the fans hate him... At least the international ones.

Why would Pep wants Barca without Valverde? City is our competitor in UCL and I don't think Pep would want a good manager to outsmart him at Barcelona in case we meet. Go to any Madrid forum, they are celebrating that Valverde wasn't sacked, some of them have this conspiracy theory that Bartemeue is a closet Madrid fan.

vlad

Exactly, what should pep said? How valverde isnt good enough for barca? Yeah right, his answer is what you would expect from every other team coach, what he really thinks, we will never know, but surely not what he said, he isnt stupid.

MTL_Barca

Barto and friends don't care about social media or foreign fans in general. Stuff like making anti Valverde fan pages or spamming hashtags etc won't do shit, that's just wasted time and energy. Barca social media was already plastered with #ValverdeOUT since the Anfield humiliation, so if they care about that they are already aware of the situation. But always remember our clubs motto "it's not Valverdes fault".

Go to Camp Nou and boo Valverde if you wanna do something, if enough people did that he would probably already be gone. But they decided to mainly blame Coutinho there. It's not like Ernie is loved in Barcelona from what i've heard but also not hated as much as here for example. And since these locals are the people that voted for Barto and attend most games only their opinion matters, that's just how it works.

We just have to accept that he stays and there is nothing we can realistically do about it. "It is what it is".

Last edited:

GoodKid

IMG_20190525_215450.jpg

I don't understand why he has abandoned this system with Messi as a false nine, Dembele RW, and Suarez in a LW/striker hybrid role. Going back to this system would solve so many of our problems.

Currently we play with Coutinho and Messi in the offensive half spaces where they often drop deep to initiate attacks.
This creates several problems:
1. First of all the overall structure of the team is bad. Our Midfielders are instructed to stay deep. Often they stay in a flat line of three. There is not enough diagonality to create connections to the forwards. There is a lack of presence in higher positions.
2. Lack of depth. Suarez is often the only player that pins the opposing defenders back. This means that the opponents defenders can step out without getting exposed.
3. Abandoned right side. With Messi moving inside and Sergi Roberto/Semedo staying a bit too deep our right side rarely creates danger. The opposing LB can just step out to our RB which often results in pointless passes between Rakitic and our RB.
4. Coutinho's role does not suit him. Coutinho is a playmaker who needs options in front of him who he can pick out. His only options in this system are half space switches to Messi or pointless passes to Alba where they can get isolated easily. Messi at least has Alba who he can pick out but Coutinho does not have anyone on the right side. Also, he is often forced to receive the ball with his back to the goal and with a defender behind him since no one pins the defenders back. Due to his weak stature it's only logical that he often loses the ball in these situations.

The simple change to the system suggested above solves all these problems.
1. It instantly creates better connections due to more diagonality and triangles while still maintaining the stability provided by three deep midfielders.
2. Suarez' and Dembele's positioning between the center back and full back pins back the entire defensive line with only two players which frees up spaces and provides depth
3. Our right backs deep position is not a problem because the opponents LB can't step out without getting exposed by dembele.
4. Coutinho's bad role doesn't exist anymore.

kattanib

It truly saddens me to know that this guy will be our manager next year specially if we get to sign Griezman.

He will have room to work on building a wonderful future squad but he wont. Some of the unlikely options EV to use are:

1. Playing Griezman, Messi and Dembele in attack while Coutinho, Frankie and Busquets in midfield

2. Playing a midfield of Frankie, Arthur and Busquets

3. Embedding Puig as a sub in La Liga matches

4. Treating Suarez as an exceptional old experienced striker that doesn’t necessarily have to play each game nor for the full 90 minutes

FCBfan22

Meanwhile, deep down in the caves of Greece is a teflon man. Ernesto. He ditched all of the modern technology to get back in touch with nature. Some say that he is a football coach. Some even say that he works for FC Barcelona. But that is irrelevant now. He is photographing stone, which is his inspiration for the midfield movement, preparing for next season.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
He's a brain-dead idiot with no shame. I come back here to check if he's gone and keep getting disappointed.

Messi, pep and others are happy though so maybe all is fine.

Home of Barca Fans