Ernesto Valverde - V1

Givenchy

EV sold his soul to the devil this season, the amount of luck, late wins, own goals.. tonight the devil collected.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
This fucking guy.....

Yea because Paulinho would've totally saved us..... He would have changed nothing at his best.

We suffer one of our most humiliating defeats in CL history and you're here shilling for Paulinho?

China-man has been shit for ages now.

It was one of many errors by valverde. I was also advocating for Dembele instead of roberto during the match but the change never came.

Cule4life

The Culest
It was sarcams , this was my last post

""It was sarcasm man , that was the argument these valverde apologists always used. Even when Barca looked shaky against chelsea , sevilla and sometimes minnows in la liga. They would always use the unbeaten in la liga card.""

My bad im just so angry that i cant tolerate Valverde apologists right now.

El Gato

Villarato!
I don't think anyone denied that the level required to win a CL is higher than the level required to win a league??

Oh countless people did. On this very forum. Regularity over 38 matches being sooo much better than the 2 leg knockout competition and all that.. and then all this outrage... as if... you were left with the trophy that represents a league very few care about outside of Spain or Spanish football followers? Hmm.

Sorin

The wake-up call was Sevilla.

If there was ever a performance that should have sent alarm bells around the entire club and management, it was that game. Completely outplayed at Sevilla and that should have been the lesson for someone to say step up and get your shit together and that you cannot play with such incompetence at this point in the season.

Look at the players Valverde had signed, the amount of money that was spent during his first year as manager.

Tata Martino would have done a better job today.

It's not even that Sevilla performance that was the first sign that we are flucking points like no one's business. Sevilla has some top players and when in the mood can play to a very high level. Shouldn't happen against Barcelona but still. There have been numerous other ocasions throughout the season when we were dominated for large parts of the game by teams like Alaves, Eibar, Las Palmas and only the lack of quality upfront by them meant we walked away with a win or draw. All due respect to those team, shit like that shouldn't happen.
Valverde has finally been exposed by a team that had some balls and finishing boots on. We were absolutely walked over like we used to do to teams like Getafe once. Disgraceful times!

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
I haven't been this mad, crushed, and just overall astonished in years. Holy shit at what just happened.

There were those that said our squad was better than RM halfway through the season, utterly laughable. Time and time again I've said that this team is notorious for collapsing in the 2nd half of the season, the signs were all right there. The shit football grinding out 1-0 wins in a 4-4-2, getting bailed out by Messi time after time. Having the issues of this team masked and ignored because of one good Clasico.

I think EV would do better with a better squad that Fartomeu didn't provide. But the way he has treated Dembele, the way he has singlehandedly fucked up so many things about our tactics, and now got humiliated by Roma, tells me he doesn't deserve a second chance.

I still really don't know how to react to this. It all feels unreal.

Home of Barca Fans