Ernesto Valverde - V1

MessiTBE

Banned
This is biggest disgrace ever. You are to blame. Your tactica terrible. You chicken tactic chicken boy.

You must go. Resign.

Yes I am so mad right now and maybe I feel different in a week but you I don't care I want your resign now do it now. You have made us a joke. We play boring football boring. You have made us a joke.

Goodbye and don't ever come back.

pepi

I'll just say that when i saw 4-4-2 i knew it will be a bad game so i went on watching City. First time in many many years im doing this. My only regret is i switched to the Barca game when pool scored.

serghei

Guys, it's called a mental block.

I have a little story for you. My home team, Steaua Bucharest was in 2006 3-0 up aggregate away to Middlesbrough in UEFA semifinals, 2-0 lead in England with 1-0 win at home. In 60 mins they parked the bus and in the end Maccarone scored for 4-2 and Middlesbrough went through 4-3 aggregate (smashed vs Sevilla in the final of UEFA CUP if you remember).

Years later Olaroiu, the manager of Steaua, said that night he just completely had a mental block. He said on tv he didn't even remembered large portion of the match. Couldn't keep a clear head.

Now, Barca is not Steaua, but Valverde, he didn't play CL before. He didn't know the dangers that lie in this competition. He thought he's playing his usual La Liga, a game between 37 others, played under the same terms. He just got exposed and found out. This is one of the dangers of naming unproven managers. They might do well in areas where they feel comfortable, like La Liga, Copa del Rey. But in games like these, they're out of their league.

Let's just stay away from managers that like italian football. It's not Barca.

Last edited:

fergus90

It's been painful to watch us all year, never mind all this unbeaten in the league bullshit scraping results playing shite football. I'd rather go back to playing exciting, attacking football whilst losing the odd game here and there. Honestly i've not been confident in Europe all year but fucking hell this was atrocious.

Devils

The wake-up call was Sevilla.

If there was ever a performance that should have sent alarm bells around the entire club and management, it was that game. Completely outplayed at Sevilla and that should have been the lesson for someone to say step up and get your shit together and that you cannot play with such incompetence at this point in the season.

Look at the players Valverde had signed, the amount of money that was spent during his first year as manager.

Tata Martino would have done a better job today.

Jägermeister

Unbeaten in a la liga and so much better than Pep , think he should stay.

The unbeaten streak is nice and all, but today was the worst we've seen in years. We played Roma, the team everybody thought was the best possible draw, won the first match by three goals and still managed to get eliminated. If we go out against City or Real then ok, but after our excellent position after the first leg, this is just not acceptable.

messi2140

6racies Xavi
Squad looked dead tired the last 30 minutes I watched , especially Roberto. He was running around like a zombie. Which doesnt surprise me with how god awful his player management is. Instead of going out there to Roma to win the game , he does what Mourinho would have done and defended the lead. And Im not going to talk how mismanged semedo and Dembele have been.

The unbeaten streak is nice and all, but today was the worst we've seen in years. We played Roma, the team everybody thought was the best possible draw, won the first match by three goals and still managed to get eliminated. If we go out against City or Real then ok, but after our excellent position after the first leg, this is just not acceptable.

It was sarcasm man , that was the argument these valverde apologists always used. Even when Barca looked shaky against chelsea , sevilla and sometimes minnows in la liga. They would always use the unbeaten in la liga card.

Last edited:

KingLeo10

Guys, it's called a mental block.

I have a little story for you. My home team, Steaua Bucharest was in 2006 3-0 up aggregate away to Middlesbrough, 2-0 lead in England with 1-0 win at home. In 60 mins they parked the bus and in the end Maccarone scored for 4-2 and Middlesbrough went through 4-3 aggregate (smashed vs Sevilla if you remember).

Years later Olaroiu, the manager of Steaua, said that night he just completely had a mental block. He said on tv he didn't even remembered large portion of the match. Couldn't keep a clear head.

Now, Barca is not Steaua, but Valverde, he didn't play CL before. He didn't knew the dangers that lie in this competition. He thought he's playing his usual La Liga, a game between 37 others, played under the same terms. He just got exposed and found out. This is one of the dangers of naming unproven managers. They might do well in areas where they feel comfortable, like La Liga, Copa del Rey. But in games like these, they're out of their league.

this all makes sense. BUT half the players in the team are 3-4 time CL winners....how the fuck do they suffer a mental block?? unless it's not a mental block, and simply lack of 110% effort. even despite valverde's coaching, this time should have enough in them to score 1 goal somehow, coming off a 4-1 home lead.

Mitchell1978

We have been playing badly or at least mediocre for a while, saved by individual brilliance and luck.
Tonights result is unacceptable though and he is the most responsible for this.

Xaviniesta

Sack him and get his anti-football as far and away from the club as possible.

Try to get Sarri or hijack PSG and get Tuchel

MessiTBE

Banned
We won the league? I tell you why we win the league. Because Real Madrid were rubbish at start of season not because of valverde and not because we were so good. We were bad most times get lucky in some games.

He must go. Next season will be terrible because Real Madrid will not start season like they did this season.

He must go.

BarcaOG

Banned
playing god awful shit football without results. that is criminal as FCB coach. under rotation of players means that, once again, our squad is spent in the most important weeks of the season. if we keep on playing like this we might even collapse in la liga...

he must go at the end of the season

jamrock

Yep been said this, he plays shit on a stick football & that does not suit a club by Barcelona, when we losing playing like that, we can't even said well we tried and the game was enjoyable.

But some on here who will now say he should be sacked was like oh Barca fans are so entailed blah blah.

The man simply isn't the coach we need at this point in our transition.

El Gato

Villarato!
playing god awful shit football without results. that is criminal as FCB coach. under rotation of players means that, once again, our squad is spent in the most important weeks of the season. if we keep on playing like this we might even collapse in la liga...

he must go at the end of the season

Hang on, so winning the league title means nothing now?

CL officially >>>> La Liga

Home of Barca Fans