Ernesto Valverde - V1

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
We can still win the league and cup because we have a player like Messi.

But this club and fans are going to face a tough reality check if they're going to hinge on Messi to carry them all the time while not providing him with better support and talent which he deserves.

Last edited:

Icarium

Lifestealer
I don't think we will get past Quarters in CL. League also we have an outside chance. But with Madrid losing some depth there is small hope. Madrid will win 3 CL's in a row mostly. Shit man I hope that doesn't happen.

Clockwise

Buccaneer
Very afraid of Valverde doing Moyes. Buying average players he once wabted to buy during his time in avreage club but never had enough funds to do it.

If by average player, you mean Martinez, well he has been heavily linked to city, as Pep sees him as a good ball carrying CB. Pep also wanted him here in his last season. I dont think he is a meh player. Top defender? maybe not. but he is a good player that meets some of our needs.

GetIn

Our 2014 summer was revolutionary, we completely revamped the squad with players like Bravo, Ter Stegen, Rakitic and Suarez, all of whom turned out to be massive successes; our hunger was at an all time high and we went on to win the treble. We could use that sort of summer right now, but it looks we're not going to make any major additions even after losing our second best player.

Poor guy Valverde, he didn't do anything wrong, but he will be sacked at the end of the season to cover for the incompetence of the board.

If you thought last year was bad we're in for one hell of a worse nightmare this time around. Neymar is gone, Rakitic has turned to shit, Suarez is clearly on the decline, grandfather Iniesta is one more year older and we have unknown commodity at RB. Should be fun.

khaled_a_d

Our 2014 summer was revolutionary, we completely revamped the squad with players like Bravo, Ter Stegen, Rakitic and Suarez, all of whom turned out to be massive successes; our hunger was at an all time high and we went on to win the treble. We could use that sort of summer right now, but it looks we're not going to make any major additions even after losing our second best player.

Poor guy Valverde, he didn't do anything wrong, but he will be sacked at the end of the season to cover for the incompetence of the board.

If you thought last year was bad we're in for one hell of a worse nightmare this time around. Neymar is gone, Rakitic has turned to shit, Suarez is clearly on the decline, grandfather Iniesta is one more year older and we have unknown commodity at RB. Should be fun.

There is also Tito season, we won the league by a record despite no additions really (Song and Alba seem similar to Semeda and Deulofeu) and after Pep leaving with only CDR in last season.
I think Valverde has a squad to emulate that, but with a really good work from his behalf

Richard.H

There is also Tito season, we won the league by a record despite no additions really (Song and Alba seem similar to Semeda and Deulofeu) and after Pep leaving with only CDR in last season.
I think Valverde has a squad to emulate that, but with a really good work from his behalf

Mourinho's RM at the time was chaos: Players going against Mourinho and Mourinho going against Casillas.

Times have changed. RM have become unstoppable with Zidane and I'd even argue other teams in Europe are stronger now. We'll be lucky to win La Liga with no signings.

khaled_a_d

Mourinho's RM at the time was chaos: Players going against Mourinho and Mourinho going against Casillas.

Times have changed. RM have become unstoppable with Zidane and I'd even argue other teams in Europe are stronger now. We'll be lucky to win La Liga with no signings.

We have finished the season (in Liga) on higher note than RM, lost only 8 points in last 21 games.
RM just lost Pepe,Danilo,James & Morata and only added Ceballos and Theo. Their 2 best players are 32 years old Modric and Cr7 too.
We have our bench better than last year with all our young signings settling more, we have added a player in our weakest position. We lost Neymar and that is downgrade but we still have a very good squad to compete.
Again, it takes a great coach to do it. So it is up to Valverde.

Richard.H

We have finished the season (in Liga) on higher note than RM, lost only 8 points in last 21 games.
RM just lost Pepe,Danilo,James & Morata and only added Ceballos and Theo. Their 2 best players are 32 years old Modric and Cr7 too.
We have our bench better than last year with all our young signings settling more, we have added a player in our weakest position. We lost Neymar and that is downgrade but we still have a very good squad to compete.
Again, it takes a great coach to do it. So it is up to Valverde.

You are simply delusional if you think Deulofeu, Samper, Alena, and Semedo are better than Asensio, Lucas Vasquez, Isco, and Theo Hernandez. Their bench could easily walk into our starting 11.

No coach can compete with a gap in talent that big.

JamDav1982

You are simply delusional if you think Deulofeu, Samper, Alena, and Semedo are better than Asensio, Lucas Vasquez, Isco, and Theo Hernandez. Their bench could easily walk into our starting 11.

Why choose those players and not the better young players that Barca have like Ter Stegen, Umtiti, Roberto, Semedo and even Paco?

The gap between those players is not as big as folk make out and if Barca sign Coutinho and Dembele Barca have a better group of players 25 and below.

khaled_a_d

I didn't compare our bench to theirs, I compared our bench last year to next season. Many players has improved during the coarse of the season, Vidal/Paco/Gomes all had better second half in the season and will probably build on that.
And please, you are comparing B team player, one who are most likely to be on the move and Deulofeu with their best bench players. Roberto/Gomes/Denis/Digne are very good talented players. Our bench is better this years, their bench is worse.
I don't see that much of a gap, again we finished the season better, we were better in both Classicos. they had both luck and referees to their side and we still lost the season with only 3 point difference
A good coach who can reinstall motivation and hunger in the squad and bring the best out of the team could easily close the gap

Richard.H

Why choose those players and not the better young players that Barca have like Ter Stegen, Umtiti, Roberto, Semedo and even Paco?

The gap between those players is not as big as folk make out and if Barca sign Coutinho and Dembele Barca have a better group of players 25 and below.

He is mentioning the young signings and the players we bought back from loan specifically. I consider Alena a new signing this season since he is surely going to get much more playing time under Valverde.

Barcilliant

Ok, so how did RM fare against us last season? Not so well.

Last season was chaos. Lucho seemed to have no idea what he was doing. That cost us in the Cl but Madrid just edged the league. Even with this squad if Valverde has a solid game plan and a little luck we should do better then last season.

MIXA

I might be overly optimistic at this point in time, but it feels like the team is already much more fluid than last season. Obviously, time will tell but I'm quite confident that Valverde will bring back some much needed structure to the midfield. At least watching the team now will be entertaining. Under Enrique, the only time something positive ever happened is when MSN got the ball.

I'm hoping that with a better passing network in place, the team as a whole will be entertaining.

Home of Barca Fans