Ernesto Valverde - V1

Judoman

I might be overly optimistic at this point in time, but it feels like the team is already much more fluid than last season. Obviously, time will tell but I'm quite confident that Valverde will bring back some much needed structure to the midfield. At least watching the team now will be entertaining. Under Enrique, the only time something positive ever happened is when MSN got the ball.

I'm hoping that with a better passing network in place, the team as a whole will be entertaining.

Even without pending reinforcements, gameplay looks much better, than it did under Lucho. I m optimistic and will be even if we don t sign any more players, which is highly unlicely.

kattanib

I didn't compare our bench to theirs, I compared our bench last year to next season. Many players has improved during the coarse of the season, Vidal/Paco/Gomes all had better second half in the season and will probably build on that.
And please, you are comparing B team player, one who are most likely to be on the move and Deulofeu with their best bench players. Roberto/Gomes/Denis/Digne are very good talented players. Our bench is better this years, their bench is worse.
I don't see that much of a gap, again we finished the season better, we were better in both Classicos. they had both luck and referees to their side and we still lost the season with only 3 point difference
A good coach who can reinstall motivation and hunger in the squad and bring the best out of the team could easily close the gap

Exactly.

News emerges that Valverde does not want Seri for 40 million euroes. He believes 40 million is far too much for a talent like Seri, and is willing to purchase legendary Inigo Martinez for 35 million instead.

dakt

Looks like we'll have to relay solely on Valverde's tactical abilities this season, given our miserably failed transfer policy. I have full trust in him.
However we could be pleasantly surprised by Alena and Roberto playing finally in his natural position....we'll see.
All in all, I don't think we have excuses not to dream big like every season. It's up to team to step up and give its best.

serghei

Looks like we'll have to relay solely on Valverde's tactical abilities this season, given our miserably failed transfer policy. I have full trust in him.
However we could be pleasantly surprised by Alena and Roberto playing finally in his natural position....we'll see.
All in all, I don't think we have excuses not to dream big like every season. It's up to team to step up and give its best.

Keep it real. We have a great team still. Plenty of players can come up with the magic under the right tutelage from the bench.

GetIn

Keep it real. We have a great team still. Plenty of players can come up with the magic under the right tutelage from the bench.

The only player that can consistently produce magic right now is Messi. Next season is going to be a disaster.

Albo

I'd somewhat understand the Paulinho transfer if we get both Coutinho and Dembele but if we don't it's fucking ridiculous. Seri could not play in the 4-2-3-1 what Valverde is planning to play with.

I'd somewhat understand the Paulinho transfer if we get both Coutinho and Dembele but if we don't it's fucking ridiculous. Seri could not play in the 4-2-3-1 what Valverde is planning to play with.

Haggling a 40 million discount from Dortmund and Liverpool and signing Paulinho for 40 million or signing Coutinho and Dembele at full price. Which would you go for?

Albo

Haggling a 40 million discount from Dortmund and Liverpool and signing Paulinho for 40 million or signing Coutinho and Dembele at full price. Which would you go for?

Don't have insider info on our transfers so I have no say in it. I just understand the player profile that they are looking for if we get both Coutinho and Dembele.

Barcilliant

With the turmoil the club is in Valverde could be a disaster. He's never faced the incessant pressure at a big club.

I will be very interested in tomorrow's match.

Home of Barca Fans