Ernesto Valverde - V1

Stoichkov1

Like which clubs? None of the top teams will call him.

Lucho said he wanted to coach in England and ended up with Spanish NT job instead when neither Chelsea or Arsenal came calling. And he wouldn't even have gotten that one had Lopetegui not fucked up.

Unai Emery has a better resumé than EV if we remove last season and people make fun of him around here, and he's managing the 6th best club in England.

How can you be so sure? Valverde is still Barca manager at the moment

Juventus play crap football with Dybala, Douglas Costa and Ronaldo and every single club in the world would like to have Allegri

Stoichkov1

Yea, not too sure about that. How many clubs have 800m. worth of players? Pretty sure those that do don't need Ernie.

He'll probably be as sought after as Pellegrini is right now. And Pellegrini is a better manager btw.

There are a lot of clubs who need to have a better defence.

Whether you like it or not with Valverde we concede less goals.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
How can you be so sure? Valverde is still Barca manager at the moment

Juventus play crap football with Dybala, Douglas Costa and Ronaldo and every single club in the world would like to have Allegri

Maybe because Allegri's Milan were still competitive in the CL and because Allegri has reached two CL finals.

El Gato

Villarato!
:lol: Good joke. Let's see you tomorrow. Lopetegui is Valverde's little cousin.

Yeah I kinda accept that possibility. [MENTION=813]Beast[/MENTION] makes good calls on Twitter way ahead of time, which I agree with. After the first 1-1 draw of RM vs Spurs there was a feeling that "the English are coming" and that RM and Barca will have to spend big to keep up. Both are kinda dealing with it in their own ways, but win or lose, rise of Liverpool, City, Spurs, Juve.. Ronaldo leaving for another big team out of vanity.. Barca trying to look in the mirror but not really... Everyone will reap what they sow I think. It's what keeps the balance in football sometimes, whether we like Premier League having seemingly endless resources.

serghei

Simeone won't rest until he wins a CL with Atletico.

Yeah I kinda accept that possibility. [MENTION=813]Beast[/MENTION] makes good calls on Twitter way ahead of time, which I agree with. After the first 1-1 draw of RM vs Spurs there was a feeling that "the English are coming" and that RM and Barca will have to spend big to keep up. Both are kinda dealing with it in their own ways, but win or lose, rise of Liverpool, City, Spurs, Juve.. Ronaldo leaving for another big team out of vanity.. Barca trying to look in the mirror but not really... Everyone will reap what they sow I think. It's what keeps the balance in football sometimes, whether we like Premier League having seemingly endless resources.

Would be funny if among all that English resurgence, Atletico rise up and take the CL. :lol:

Last edited:

Stoichkov1

Maybe because Allegri's Milan were still competitive in the CL and because Allegri has reached two CL finals.

Or maybe because Allegri's teams don't concede goals or because he won 4 league titles and 4 Coppa Italia in a row.

Allegri's Milan were destroyed every time they played away matches. In 2011-12 they won 4-0 against Arsenal and lost 3-0 in the return leg, in 2012-13 after winning 2-0 at home Barca won 4-0.

We can't win the CL because we lose by horrible margins in away matches, but it happened also under lucho and guardiola.

DonAK

Yeah I kinda accept that possibility. @Beast makes good calls on Twitter way ahead of time, which I agree with. After the first 1-1 draw of RM vs Spurs there was a feeling that "the English are coming" and that RM and Barca will have to spend big to keep up. Both are kinda dealing with it in their own ways, but win or lose, rise of Liverpool, City, Spurs, Juve.. Ronaldo leaving for another big team out of vanity.. Barca trying to look in the mirror but not really... Everyone will reap what they sow I think. It's what keeps the balance in football sometimes, whether we like Premier League having seemingly endless resources.

The Premier League have always had more resources than everyone else, but they've finally done their homework now and started hiring proper managers that want to play a progressive style of football, except Man Utd with Mourinho lol.

Managers with authority and a true plan when it comes to what they want to do on the pitch and off it.

KingLeo10

Allegri is a clear couple notches above Valverde. He lost CL finals to two all time great sides, while Valverde out there scared of Roma and Valladolid. :lol:

Juve play shitty football but can still kick gears in CL when necessary. They ran 120 km in the bernabeu tie last season and would have had madrid aside from that pen. Valverde can't get our experienced players to break a sprint for him.

DonAK

Or maybe because Allegri's teams don't concede goals or because he won 4 league titles and 4 Coppa Italia in a row.

Allegri's Milan were destroyed every time they played away matches. In 2011-12 they won 4-0 against Arsenal and lost 3-0 in the return leg, in 2012-13 after winning 2-0 at home Barca won 4-0.

We can't win the CL because we lose by horrible margins in away matches, but it happened also under lucho and guardiola.

Nah, I think it's definitely because of Juventus' improvement in the CL under Allegri versus how pathetic they were in that competition under Conte when Fenerbache were kicking them out from the group stages.

Guess you can say Conte and Valverde are similar. Both are able to win league titles by employing a more conservative style of play, defending leads and not conceding many goals.

But in the big competition against other good and great teams both have shown to be lacking it. Totally lacking it.

serghei

Nah, I think it's definitely because of Juventus' improvement in the CL under Allegri versus how pathetic they were in that competition under Conte when Fenerbache were kicking them out from the group stages.

Guess you can say Conte and Valverde are similar. Both are able to win league titles by employing a more conservative style of play, defending leads and not conceding many goals.

But in the big competition against other good and great teams both have shown to be lacking it. Totally lacking it.

Not so sure about that. Conte's Juve was a bit green in Europe around that time. He was the one who brought them back from the 2nd division after Calciopoli. Don't think Juve were ready at that time no matter the manager. They even went out to Galatasaray in the groups one season. That surely says a bit about the mentality of the team not being at the levels they were in recent years.

Stoichkov1

Allegri had and has now better players than Conte.

The only time Conte underperformed in CL was in 2013-14. In the season before they lost against Bayern in their treble winning year.

Even against Chelsea last year we were lucky to win at Stamford Bridge.

DonAK

Not so sure about that. Conte's Juve was a bit green in Europe around that time. He was the one who brought them back from the 2nd division after Calciopoli. Don't think Juve were ready at that time no matter the manager. They even went out to Galatasaray in the groups one season. That surely says a bit about the mentality of the team not being at the levels they were in recent years.

They went to the CL final the next season with literally the same team.

Home of Barca Fans