Ernesto Valverde

KingLeo10

On paper, perhaps, it wasn't actually the most dominant team of all time, Barca 10/11 is a step above, Barca 14/15 played, what you can say, a more ordinary brand of football.

14/15 Barca was, in my opinion, more at the level of Bayern 12/13 and RM 16/17 than it was to Pep's Barca, but statistics says they were the best, i guess.
I said most dominant season, not most dominant team.

There's never been a season more perfect than 14/15 Barca in terms of all the key statistics of trophies and goal scoring and big game results (not performances).

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Lucho helped create the team by helping phase out Xavi for Rakitic and doing well to alternate Bravo and MATs.

I would not say that Lucho's time in Spain was average as he reached the Euro 2020 semi final just losing to the eventual champions by penalty shootouts and exceeded expectations. He didn't do well in the WC22 by his standard by losing the penalty shootouts to Morocco but Morocco is not a team to be underestimated as they beat an amazing Portugal team in the QF.

Dont get me wrong Soul, Lucho is a good coach but for me not as good as many guys think. It was clear that Xavi has to leave the starting eleven after seeeing his performances in 13/14 and worldcup. He did well with rotating Mats and Bravo, thats true.

Spain was meh, no nice football even though they reached semi final. 2015 Barca played amazing football but seeing that team i expected a better run in 2016 cl. Also always playing the same eleven was a stupid idea lol.

Overall as said he is good but not EV level or Pep :thinking:

soul24rage

Dont get me wrong Soul, Lucho is a good coach but for me not as good as many guys think. It was clear that Xavi has to leave the starting eleven after seeeing his performances in 13/14 and worldcup. He did well with rotating Mats and Bravo, thats true.

Spain was meh, no nice football even though they reached semi final. 2015 Barca played amazing football but seeing that team i expected a better run in 2016 cl. Also always playing the same eleven was a stupid idea lol.

Overall as said he is good but not EV level or Pep :thinking:
Yeah the 2016 CL run is a big stain.

Agreed that Pep is better than Lucho, but imo Lucho is better than Valverde. There's a reason why Lucho has been linked to top teams more than EV did.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Yeah the 2016 CL run is a big stain.

Agreed that Pep is better than Lucho, but imo Lucho is better than Valverde. There's a reason why Lucho has been linked to top teams more than EV did.

Well, Setien coached more top teams in his career than Klopp but i doubt you think setien>Klopp🐮 and media has also destroyed EV's value, i mean even we Soul dude thought after the 0-4 in Anfield that he is a shit coach and we needed to see the future to recognize he overperformed with that crap squad 🐮🐮 we can talk again after the season with PSG 👌

Anyways, happy new year Soul, we have 3 missions this year:
Ucl Barca
Euro Portugal
El Roma

🐮

CatalinR10

??

Barca > Liverpool, Mainz, Dortmund

Performance wise Liverpool > Barca last years but i speak from historical big teams!

nah.

Setien being some months at Barcelona don't even count. He was here just so that somebody could be coach till the summer.

Kloppo was at Dortmund and Liverpool for lots of years because he was wanted there and valued.

Setien at Barca is irrelevant just like that Roura guy is when he filled a place when Tito was ill.

JohnN

Setien literally was a shepard before joining barca. EV can't land a big club after barca. Lucho is clearly better. A CL winner. Ev is a good coach but nothing more. Better than Xavi surely.

Messi983

Congrats, mister.

34803c9f0609749dd7d84bc078b34afe.jpeg

Temptation

I wrote it wrong, i meant Barca is a bigger historical team than Liverpool but ofc you guys are are near to us :pirate:
Pre 2000 Liverpool were much bigger
From 2000 to 2020 Barca had their golden era.

Recent success and it coinciding with the rise of social media means as of today, Barcelona are slightly 'bigger' than Liverpool.

This can change very quickly and all things considered Liverpool and Barcelona are very very close overall as things stand in terms of club size.

Tier 1(A)

Real Madrid

Tier 1(B)

Bayern

Barca
Liverpool

People on this forum don't realise how big and prestigious a club Liverpool are.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Pre 2000 Liverpool were much bigger
From 2000 to 2020 Barca had their golden era.

Recent success and it coinciding with the rise of social media means as of today, Barcelona are slightly 'bigger' than Liverpool.

This can change very quickly and all things considered Liverpool and Barcelona are very very close overall as things stand in terms of club size.

Tier 1(A)

Real Madrid

Tier 1(B)

Bayern

Barca
Liverpool

People on this forum don't realise how big and prestigious a club Liverpool are.

Yeah dude Liverpool is near but atm most people will still say Barca even tough with current development from Liverpool and the 'downfall' from Barca it could look different in 10 years, we will see...

Home of Barca Fans