EURO 2016 Qualifying

Cruijffista

SOY ANTIMADRIDISTA
The team needs a new energy and a leader who isn't afraid to shake things up. I'd love to see Paco Jemez coach Spain. He's bold and Rayo Vallecano always play fantastic attacking football.

Casillas should do the honorable thing and retire from international football. Xavi, Xabi Alonso, and El Guaje all did this summer. It's time to prep and get De Gea ready for the 2016 Euros and possibly the 2018 World Cup.

I think Alcacer is the striker Spain needs.

I have nothing bad to say about Del Bosque but the time has come for him to go.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
First of all I would question why Iniesta is playing LM/LW. To accomodate the Busquets-Alonso double pivot while also keeping Xavi in the center I totally understand. That's good reason to move Iniesta wide. To accomodate Cesc and Koke I don't. Both Koke and Cesc play for the top 2 anti possession clubs in the world. In Koke's case not even in central midfield. As a result they don't move the ball fast enough and generally can't dictate play properly. They play alibi passes for the sake of passing. Iniesta's and Koke's positions must be reversed. Koke is playing wide for Atletico anyway. He is comfortable there and his energy, crosses and pressing from the front + being closer to Costa is much more useful than playing deep alongside Busquets.

Cesc needs to see the bench and make way for the traitor Alcuntara. In terms of ball circulation and midfield play this already fixes a lot. Busquets-'Cuntara-Iniesta >>>>> Busquets-Koke-Cesc.

Once this is done Costa needs to see the bench and make way for Paco. I don't know what :VdB: is smoking lately. Building a team to Costa's strengths? This isn't van Basten, fss. His technique is shat and except running the channels and chasing over the top balls Costa remains a limited footballer, tailor-made for anti-football teams like Chelsea and Atletico.

Once this is done :VdB: needs to REALLY stop taking DEM drugs and tell Casillas to GTFO and retire and make De Gea his #1.

These are the most concerning issues for me. If :VdB: replaces Silva with a more direct player (someone like Pedro but not the chit version, I'm dreading to say it but even Callejon would do) and realizes that my grandmother can deadlift more than Alba, Spain would be golden.

That's more or less what I would do.

Agreed. Get rid of Alba and play Bernat also. I would use cesc as the striker.

Iarwain

First of all I would question why Iniesta is playing LM/LW. To accomodate the Busquets-Alonso double pivot while also keeping Xavi in the center I totally understand. That's good reason to move Iniesta wide. To accomodate Cesc and Koke I don't. Both Koke and Cesc play for the top 2 anti possession clubs in the world. In Koke's case not even in central midfield. As a result they don't move the ball fast enough and generally can't dictate play properly. They play alibi passes for the sake of passing. Iniesta's and Koke's positions must be reversed. Koke is playing wide for Atletico anyway. He is comfortable there and his energy, crosses and pressing from the front + being closer to Costa is much more useful than playing deep alongside Busquets.

Cesc needs to see the bench and make way for the traitor Alcuntara. In terms of ball circulation and midfield play this already fixes a lot. Busquets-'Cuntara-Iniesta >>>>> Busquets-Koke-Cesc.

Once this is done Costa needs to see the bench and make way for Paco. I don't know what :VdB: is smoking lately. Building a team to Costa's strengths? This isn't van Basten, fss. His technique is shat and except running the channels and chasing over the top balls Costa remains a limited footballer, tailor-made for anti-football teams like Chelsea and Atletico.

Once this is done :VdB: needs to REALLY stop taking DEM drugs and tell Casillas to GTFO and retire and make De Gea his #1.

These are the most concerning issues for me. If :VdB: replaces Silva with a more direct player (someone like Pedro but not the chit version, I'm dreading to say it but even Callejon would do) and realizes that my grandmother can deadlift more than Alba, Spain would be golden.

That's more or less what I would do.
I agree with majority of your points but don't really think 2013-14 Iniesta really epitomise a fast midfield circulation player.

Also, Busquets - Koke - Cesc worked just fine in the first game.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Bulgaria-Croatia 0-1. Poor match.
Some commotion on the stands and fights before the match, hope noone is injured.
Rakitic played 80 mins. and did ok. It was after his fk Bulgaria scored an own goal.

barcanuck

Bulgaria-Croatia 0-1. Poor match.
Some commotion on the stands and fights before the match, hope noone is injured.
Rakitic played 80 mins. and did ok. It was after his fk Bulgaria scored an own goal.

Raki got subbed out for tactical or injury reasons?

Home of Barca Fans