EURO 2016 Qualifying

Kerrybai

Slightly off topic but how do Irish people feel about ROI being talked about as one of the "home nations", is that considered insulting or endearing over there?

It's not heard over here often, I usually just hear the term on British tv and even then it can mean to include just Northern Ireland of both the South and North( I think ). Generally speaking people wouldn't be insulted by something like that, its far to trivial and meaningless. BTW that picture with the 'fuck off england' on the irish scarf... you would ever see something like that sold at an Ireland match in Dublin.

Ghosting

Do people include ROI when saying Home Nations? I've never heard that, not in the media anyway for example on the radio earlier they said all Home Nations stand a chance of qualifying and went through the teams and points but didn't mention ROI.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
They aren't in home nations but people still like them because they are british isles and pretty much the same as the others culturally.

Alarcón

Apparently the guy controlling the drone in the Serbia game was the brother of Albanian FA president who they caught in the VIP box.

It's said it was the brother of Albanian PM Edi Rama, not the brother of the FA president. I do find that explanation a bit unlikely though, how was he supposed to get his quadrocopter into the stadium and hide it, without anyone noticing? I'm sure everyone entering the stadium, especially the Albanians, were thouroughly searched before entering.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Before the game brother od Albanian pm left the drone on a church nerby. He controlled it from the VIP box.
Retard that he is, he hanged fascist flag of Greater Albania (Albania plus Kosovo and parts of Macedonia) on it too.
Serbian player caught it and then Albanian players rushed to take it.
Then some people ran to the pitch and game was abandoned.

khorne

First drone inspired message. I think this will be first of many world wide.

somehow, this fits so well into the whole direction the generation 2.0 is going. the jimmy jump of the future will be a fat troll on his coach with a remote

If the brother of the prime minister really is responsible he's one of the most pathetic scumbags on the continent. Either the whole thing was deliberate to cause a riot in the stadium (and endangering the albanian players in the process by the way) so serbia gets punished by the uefa or he's such a hateful moron that he wants to insult serbians, no matter the consequences.

and the ones who have to pay are always the players, the real fans and the moderates on both sides.

F

Flavia

"Imagine if there had been a bomb instead of a flag on the drone," Platini told French television channel TF1.

He has a point. I guess stadiums will need to have protection against drones soon enough.

Kerrybai

"Imagine if there had been a bomb instead of a flag on the drone," Platini told French television channel TF1.

He has a point. I guess stadiums will need to have protection against drones soon enough.

Ha talk about hyperbole, if someone wants to bomb the stadium then their are 100's of easier ways.

Home of Barca Fans