EURO 2016 Qualifying

xXKonan

Lel at Holland. Turkey sat deep for the most part the 2nd half and when they pushed forward they managed to score.

BBZ8800

Croatia has been awful the last few games.

Croatia has been awful since 1998.
Stats say that Croatia managed to get past through the group stage of any World cup/Euro since 1998, only once.

Also, in the last 5-6 years, Croatia has like 5 wins in 30-ish matches against good/average teams like (Italy, Brasil), Scotland, Belgium, Ukraine, Russia etc.

We have 2-3 awesome players and a bunch or average players (for NT level), we have horrible coaches, horrible formations and tactics, and a lot of coruptcy, so wrong (young) players sometimes need to play etc.

People think about Modric, Rakitic, Kovacic and Mandzukic and they think that Croatia is a good team.
For anyone who is watching their matches in the last 10 years, the story is much difference.

We do have occasional flashes and good matches, but in overall, that is like once in 4-5 matches.

He's suspended.

(Kovacic), he wouldn't play either way.

It seems that we need to hype and sell Pjaca now (like Halilovic), so he will play instead of Kovacic now.

What a joke.

Last edited:

dakt

Oh dear Lord. :facepalm:
We are playing football from the 30's. Coach is clueless.
Brozovic, Srna, Pranjic?????????????

Jesse1509

Detalles, detalles, siempre detalles
We lost again....I'm speechless, I never expected to ever see us not being able to qualify for the play-offs, even. We lacked any form of spirit, and we give away some easy goals, as we have done in all the matches since the World Cup. 4th in the group now, after being 3rd in the World Cup....it's beyond disgraceful.

Congratulations to Turkey, though. They played a decent match, and at least they showed passion. That's more than can be said about our team.

I don't know if it's a classic Dutch 'dressing room-issue'....some players just played woefully again. Van der Wiel was a disgrace, Cillessen too. Klaassen was very poor, De Vrij as well....most of them play excellently for their club teams (not Vd Wiel, of course), but in the national team they play like shit for some reason.

After today, I'd drop Van der Wiel and Narsingh for sure. They're just not good enough for the national team.

Last edited:

BigBarcaBoy

The old guard like sneijder etc need to look at themselves as well, poor coaches like hiddink and blind don't help

ceefoo

Croatia has been awful since 1998.
Wasn't Bilic good for a while?

[MENTION=2034]Jesse1509[/MENTION] It's amazes me, as a neutral (but long-time admirer of the Oranje) that they can finish WC 2010 Runner-Up and WC 2014 3rd Place, yet they are in danger of going out of the Euro's that everyone thought would be impossible NOT to qualify for.

There was a distinct lack of creativity. Only really Depay looked threatening with those in-swinging crosses. Sneijder was just shooting from distance every time. The Turkish GK hardly had a save to make. Very poor!

They can still qualify though, but you'll need to win both your remaining games and hope that Turkey, at least draw one of theirs, right?

xXKonan

The old guard like sneijder etc need to look at themselves as well, poor coaches like hiddink and blind don't help
Dudes like Sneijder and RVP are living off their past Reputation Especially RVP who hasn't done much at club and at International in awhile. While RVP did score some great goals in the Group stages for the Netherlands during the WC the rest of the tourney he wasn't very good. and Now he's just a shadow of a player he once was years ago.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans