Euro 2024

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Maradona37

Denmark - if they lose - would need to lose by about three goals too, and with a 3-0 rather than a 4-1 to Serbia, as Croatia have scored more. Not happening.

soul24rage

People in Croatia ask: why 8 minutes of injury time, since there was zero injuries.

But you know my theory about the richest footballing nations which need a push to stay in the tournament.
Should have not conceded a last minute goal vs Albania too then.

BBZ8800

It did seem odd. Most stoppage time in this tournament has been three or four minutes in the second half. Like you say the second half didn't have many stoppages. Maybe the penalty check?
Hungarian player almost died yesterday, they got like +10 minutes of injury time.

Here, zero injuries, and +8 injury time.

But as I have wrote, since I am from a small, not too rich, not too important country, seen this scenario like million of times.

I have wrote here, try to remember from top of your head, when was France, Germany, England, Spain, Italy, Brazil, Argentina screwed by the refs in a KO match? (Except when they play eachother).

On the other hand, try to count matches like this one when tier 1 nations get a slight push from refs in terms of longer injury time, soft pens, soft reds, million of fouls in attack for the small team (after 1:0 for Croatia, every duel/jump in the Italian half it was a foul for Italy).

Some guys will laugh, but again, check the matches till the end of the tournament and try to find a match where shady pens, red cards or small fouls will go against France/Spain/Germany into the hands of let's say Slovakia, Turkey or Georgia.

No way you'll ever find those matches (except Wc 2002, but even then the refs were helping to hosts South Korea, so there is again some logic into that).
And even if you find some odd decision against France or Germany in the KO match, the ratio of matches for and against richest footballing countries is 9:1.

I mean, politics, wars, propaganda, everything is rigged, shaddy, corrupted, influenced by interests, politics and money.

I don't understand how on Earth some guys here can believe that the most lucrative sport in the world (football) is not slightly influenced by interests, in terms of small fouls, free kicks, soft pens, injury time etc.

Birdy

People in Croatia ask: why 8 minutes of injury time, since there was zero injuries.

But you know my theory about the richest footballing nations which need a push to stay in the tournament.

Get over consiparcy theories my dude
I appreciate you, don't fall like this

Croatia weren't good enough to go through, 1 clear chance against Italy, and totally messing up the Albania game, let alone crashed by Spain
Forget it and build your next great team

El Gato

Villarato!
Remember Birdyboi rating Italy to the moon, being incredulous at the prospect of Croatia having a close game + possibly winning, only for binman Spaletti to engineer a goal at 90+8 and even losing on xG

Lol
Like clockwork

Maradona37

Hungarian player almost died yesterday, they got like +10 minutes of injury time.

Here, zero injuries, and +8 injury time.

But as I have wrote, since I am from a small, not too rich, not too important country, seen this scenario like million of times.

I have wrote here, try to remember from top of your head, when was France, Germany, England, Spain, Italy, Brazil, Argentina screwed by the refs in a KO match? (Except when they play eachother).

On the other hand, try to count matches like this one when tier 1 nations get a slight push from refs in terms of longer injury time, soft pens, soft reds, million of fouls in attack for the small team (after 1:0 for Croatia, every duel/jump in the Italian half it was a foul for Italy).

Some guys will laugh, but again, check the matches till the end of the tournament and try to find a match where shady pens, red cards or small fouls will go against France/Spain/Germany into the hands of let's say Slovakia, Turkey or Georgia.

No way you'll ever find those matches (except Wc 2002, but even then the refs were helping to hosts South Korea, so there is again some logic into that).
And even if you find some odd decision against France or Germany in the KO match, the ratio of matches for and against richest footballing countries is 9:1.

I mean, politics, wars, propaganda, everything is rigged, shaddy, corrupted, influenced by interests, politics and money.

I don't understand how on Earth some guys here can believe that the most lucrative sport in the world (football) is not slightly influenced by interests, in terms of small fouls, free kicks, soft pens, injury time etc.
Yeah you make good points. I guess the same is true of small clubs and big clubs at club level too. It leans too far into conspiracy for me - it's more human nature to favour the more glamorous factor I'd say.

Birdy

Remember Birdyboi rating Italy to the moon, being incredulous at the prospect of Croatia having a close game + possibly winning, only for binman Spaletti to engineer a goal at 90+8 and even losing on xG

Lol
Like clockwork

Stopped rating them that much after the Spain game, where they showed lack of quality up front
Croatia had been poor before tonight's game
Game tonight was close, but if one team were deserving the win more was Italy

So, no, this narrative won't cut it

jamrock

The long extra was good,added a lot of drama at the WC, will do the same at the euros.

They just shouldn't do it in club football, big clubs benefit too much from it.

Maradona37

It's the end of an epic era for Croatian football.

As Bulgarian I used to enjoy totally the 1998 WC run. Another Balkan country having its shining moment.

2018-2022 was something beyond anything. It will go down as the greatest generation in history of Croat football.
Yeah. Croatia had a brilliant generation in 1996-2000 too when they had guys like Suker, Boksic, Prosinecki, Jarni, Asanovic, Bilic and so on. For such a small country to then produce an even better generation 15-20 years later is special.

Home of Barca Fans