Euro 2024

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Maradona37

So, according to wikipedia (yes I know) there are 6 possible third-place combinations left of 15. 4 of those 6 have Portugal facing Hungary. One other combo they'd play Croatia, and it's the only combo Croatia can go through (if groups C and F miss out). The final combo would be third from Group C.

2/3 chance of Hungary then. Probably more like 80 per cent as the combination with Croatia going through is extremely unlikely to materialise. No doubt numbers nerds would know the exact percentage of Hungary playing Portugal as these combos all have different likelihoods of happening.

Also, as one other thing to talk about - Austria are definitely though unless they get hammered 5-0 by Netherlands lol. And even then they could go through.

Maradona37

Yeah I was thinking it could be England-Austria (though I wouldn't be surprised to see Austria beat Netherlands). If it is that fixture could see England struggling with Austria's high energy, given how sluggish England often look.

Looking at the combos, I think Spain will definitely play third-place in Group E. I think the 'winning combo' will be ACDE

ajnotkeith

Spain tactically are just excellent, their only weakness as usual is they can be physically outmatched sometimes but they now have fast dribbling wingers so can punish teams for overcommitting.

Wambo

Who else is glad to see the little Madrid rat cry at the end?

There is no UEFA and Perez to somehow squeeze your team to the next round through a refball and penalty.

jamrock

Almost the whole backline is an issue for Spain, apart from LB (Cucurella and Grimaldo)

Simon LeNormand Laporte Carvahal are a 'waiting to happen' defensively
The CBs are fine no team at the euros have a particularly great CB partnership, closest is German.

Carvahal will be fine if he doesn't come up against a pacy winger.

Portugal has cancelo and pepe will get found out soon.

France Upamecano is a mistake waiting to happen.
Dutch de Vrij & Dumfries.

Every top contender has a question mark in defense, kimmich will get killed at RB

Nucky

Soo far I'd say Germany are the first favorites to win EURO and its on their ground.. Right behind them I'd put Spain,France and England..

Home of Barca Fans