Euro 2024

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Maradona37

People already decided to forget the mf injuries NL suffers?

That was quick…

Top players.
Only France and England have better squad player for player individually
What makes them top players exactly? They're big 'names' but they rarely impress to be honest.

As an example, I have watched Malen a lot, and I would never describe him as a 'top player'. Ditto Maatsen. If they were Slovenian or Georgian and not Dutch, would you still describe them as top players?

Not looking for an argument, but honestly not sure they're as good as you are making them out to be.

Besides that, today's game against Austria should teach about not judging on paper anyway, even if they are better on paper (admittedly with a worse coach).

jamrock

The dutch squad is kinda like VVD and De jong, overated and will come up small when it matters most, they stand a chance now that de jong is injured, they can beat the English.

But as always with the dutch, it's more hype that substance,as shown today.

Doesn't matter who the coach is, kinda like the English really.

Maradona37

Furthermore, all of England's best players are Kane, Stones and the wingers/attacking midfielders. They are top heavy.

It is like when idiots slagged off Messi cos of how 'strong' the Argentina squad was - even though their best players were all forwards and only so many can play at once. There was zero balance, just like England trying to fit Foden and Bellingham into the same team and having a RB play LB cos Southgate is such a clown he selected a crocked natural LB.

Most of their midfielders, centre-backs, full-backs and especially their goalkeepers are woeful.

As I said earlier, I think a lot of fans get carried away with players hyped in the media and who play for big countries. Netherlands and England are fashionable countries, so we overrate plenty of their players. You can't blame the coaches 100 per cent, Birdy, many of the players are hyped up beyond their abilities.

Maradona37

The dutch squad is kinda like VVD and De jong, overated and will come up small when it matters most, they stand a chance now that de jong is injured, they can beat the English.

But as always with the dutch, it's more hype that substance,as shown today.

Doesn't matter who the coach is, kinda like the English really.
Yeah I don't get how anyone describes nothing or at best decent players like Reijnders, Maatsen, Dumfries and Malen as 'top players'. No chance he'd say that if they were wearing an Albanian top.

Last edited:

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
England get lucky once again with an easy side of the bracket, I just can’t. This is exactly how Southgate achieved his “success” with the NT.

Porque

France and Engand are so bad that the only way is up, right?

We will see how they are commeth knock out, though I do think England looked more like a title winner last time out.

Horatio

You're welcome
Yeah I don't get how anyone describes nothing players like Reijnders, Maatsen, Dumfries and Malen as 'top players'. No chance he'd say that if they were wearing an Albanian top.

He called Nico Williams 1-on-1 master. It’s fine.

Aye, master, but no top club in it for him willing to pay his fee except us.

Maradona37

He seems a very nice guy, Birdy. I just don't understand how he can call those players 'top players'. They clearly are not.

Then people will slag off similar players from less fashionable countries. Football is not played on paper, it's played on grass. You don't win anything through being hyped in the media.

Horatio

You're welcome
He seems a very nice guy, Birdy. I just don't understand how he can call those players 'top players'. They clearly are not.

Then people will slag off similar players from less fashionable countries. Football is not played on paper, it's played on grass. You don't win anything through being hyped in the media.
Top guy and poster

Birdy

Why are you messing financial and sporting side of things together
What makes them top players exactly? They're big 'names' but they rarely impress to be honest.

As an example, I have watched Malen a lot, and I would never describe him as a 'top player'. Ditto Maatsen. If they were Slovenian or Georgian and not Dutch, would you still describe them as top players?

Not looking for an argument, but honestly not sure they're as good as you are making them out to be.

Besides that, today's game against Austria should teach about not judging on paper anyway, even if they are better on paper (admittedly with a worse coach).

If you followed my comments on the earlier games, you would have seen I praised Ragnick for his use of his squad and bashed Koeman.

Now seriously, which Austrian player you think gets into that Dutch team?
Laimer, yes possibly, Sabitzer questionable.
Anyone else? NO

we are talking about individual quality here, what each of them can do with the ball, not about how the coach coordinates them

Home of Barca Fans