Euro 2024

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Birdy

:lol: you are clueless as always.

On a side note: I don’t see it with Simons… whenever I watch him he’s shit.

Simons is shit?
Did you watch any Leipzig games this season? Their best player by a country mile, was doing all the attacking progression with the ball. W/o him Leipzig can't score

Birdy

Yeah I don't get how anyone describes nothing or at best decent players like Reijnders, Maatsen, Dumfries and Malen as 'top players'. No chance he'd say that if they were wearing an Albanian top.

I would mate.
Aslani for instance is top player.
You seem to not have watched them. I watch some serie A, especially Milan teams and have seen what Dumfries, Reijnders are capable of.
Same with Maatsen and Malen at BvB

Maradona37

Why are you messing financial and sporting side of things together

If you followed my comments on the earlier games, you would have seen I praised Ragnick for his use of his squad and bashed Koeman.

Now seriously, which Austrian player you think gets into that Dutch team?
Laimer, yes possibly, Sabitzer questionable.
Anyone else? NO

we are talking about individual quality here, what each of them can do with the ball, not about how the coach coordinates them
I understand that, Austria are better than the sum of their parts. But I don't think there's a great disparity with the Dutch, to be honest.

I'd say Baumgartner gets in too. So those Laimer, him and Sabitzer would all be in the Dutch team I would say. I am not saying they're world beaters, as they're not, but neither are any of the Dutch players who started in midfield. Do you honestly believe that Schouten, Reijnders and Joey fucking Veerman are brilliant players? I know De Jong and Koopmeiners are injured.

My point isn't that the Austrians are as good - my point is that the Dutch players are not so superior that Austria cannot easily close the gap with good coaching - as was proved today.

Maradona37

I would mate.
Aslani for instance is top player.
You seem to not have watched them. I watch some serie A, especially Milan teams and have seen what Dumfries, Reijnders are capable of.
Same with Maatsen and Malen at BvB
I have watched them mate. They are decent, I just wouldn't describe them as 'top'. I agree Aslani is a talented guy.

Maybe it is splitting hairs. I am not saying they're terrible. Just that I don't believe they are top or world-class players.

Anyway, this is all said with respect as I am not arrogant enough to believe I cannot be wrong. We will see how it goes anyway as the tournament progresses.

Birdy

I understand that, Austria are better than the sum of their parts. But I don't think there's a great disparity with the Dutch, to be honest.

I'd say Baumgartner gets in too. So those Laimer, him and Sabitzer would all be in the Dutch team I would say. I am not saying they're world beaters, as they're not, but neither are any of the Dutch players who started in midfield. Do you honestly believe that Schouten, Reijnders and Joey fucking Veerman are brilliant players? I know De Jong and Koopmeiners are injured.

My point isn't that the Austrians are as good - my point is that the Dutch players are not so superior that Austria cannot easily close the gap with good coaching - as was proved today.

I didn't mention Schouten and Veerman for a reason.
Reijnders is a top player THO, people don't know him: great ball progressor, great passer as well

Maradona37

I didn't mention Schouten and Veerman for a reason.
Reijnders is a top player THO, people don't know him: great ball progressor, great passer as well
He's definitely better than the other two but still not entirely sure. Then again, I am willing to acknowledge I may be underrating him.

Maradona37

Your understanding is instantly above 50% of this forum :LOL:
It's just from playing and watching football all my life, It's an obvious thing that often a team can be better than its individual players - and other teams can be worse as they're just a collection of ballers thrown together with no coherent plan, clue or idea.

Coaching really is a very underrated thing. Players matter a lot, but coaching is even more important.

Maradona37

Ok, so what do people think for Group E tomorrow? I assume people think Belgium will defeat Ukraine. But Slovakia-Romania looks really difficult to call. It could be a draw which would send both through if there's a winner in the other game. I have predicted 1-0 Romania though.

Horatio

You're welcome
:lol: you are clueless as always.

On a side note: I don’t see it with Simons… whenever I watch him he’s shit.
Have you watched him with Leipzig? I barely have but based on hearsay he had a really good season there.

But with NL officially had 0 good games so far. That’s from direct source. Me.

Horatio

You're welcome
Simons is shit?
Did you watch any Leipzig games this season? Their best player by a country mile, was doing all the attacking progression with the ball. W/o him Leipzig can't score
With NL he’s had 0 good games. The team says putting too much pressure on himself to do well. Don’t think that’s on Koeman.
Did score the goal against France that got disallowed.

Memphis also barely did anything right this tournament. Again, not much Koeman can do there.

Horatio

You're welcome
Have to understand NL’s mf is built around Veerman Schouten companionship. Two current PSV players of which one is not good enough to make a transfer away from eredividisie, and the other one not good enough to keep playing outside of NL.
It’s nothing special really.

De Jong and Koopmeiners would have significantly improved mf.

Home of Barca Fans