Euro 2024

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Horatio

You're welcome
Actually, if you watched the game, it was a very 1-1 sort of game until the last 30 minutes or so(coz Denmark had to completely open up).

Without some of those VAR calls and luck on their side, it could have easily been a 1-1. Got the First Goal Scorer correct though.

Oh. My bad then. Congratulations on having the “actually” correct prediction.

Morten

Doubt i will be watching England, can't imagine it will be an entertaining game at all.

Though, if England were to fail, i suppose that counts as fun.

Maradona37

Doubt i will be watching England, can't imagine it will be an entertaining game at all.

Though, if England were to fail, i suppose that counts as fun.
I watch every game regardless, but yeah it could be a snoozefest.

I have predicted 2-0 England, but obviously I am hoping for 10-0 Slovakia.

Jakabor

Yeah, cause Messi and co has it really rough in Copa by comparison, the only serious team they have to face is what, Uruguay?

Difference is Messi has been better than Ronaldo despite only playing two matches in the group stage vs Ronaldo’s 3 matches. Both with one assists, but Leo with more chances created.

Messi faced 31rd ranked Peru, 40th ranked Chile and 48th ranked Canada. Of course didn’t play vs Peru so only played two matches and still created more big changes than Ronaldo.

Ronaldo faced the 34th ranked Czech Republic, the 42nd ranked Turkey and the 74th(!!!) ranked Georgia.
Then the idiot thought he could stat pad vs the 74th ranked Georgia.
But he got what he deserved. Nothing except a fat L vs a 74th ranked team.

Maradona37

some good discussion on the format.

I was thinking about this myself. They won't go back to 16, so if you expand to 32 you are looking at adding some of Israel, the two Irelands, Wales, Iceland, Finland, Bosnia, Sweden, Norway, Russia (if they ever behave themselves again) and other decent sized teams who didn't qualify. All of those teams would fit in nicely at this tournament and are no worse than some who did qualify.

So a 32 team Euros could go back to top two qualifiers only. The only issues would be (as stated in the thread) qualification becoming pointless even for mid-level countries, and finding countries able to support hosting outside of the major powers. Of course this could lead to more coalitions in terms of bidding, but we have already seen that in recent decades and will see it more and more with a 48 team World Cup.

I also quite like this suggestion as a compromise in a 24 team tournament:

- Give the best 4 group winners a bye to the quarter finals and eliminate everyone who wasn’t top 2. The remaining 2 group winners and all 6 runners up would play a repechage round.

Home of Barca Fans