Euro 2024

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

fergus90

Italy (winner of last edition) and Denmark (semi finalist last time) both were 2nd in their groups and absolutely had no chance advancing to the 1/4 finals. They got demolished. It's insane how low quality this tournament has become. And they want to expand it even more lol
International football in general is poor. I’m glad Argentina won the WC for Messi but I personally have found it boring for years now.

It fills a void in the summer when domestic football has stopped but hate the international break during the season.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
International football in general is poor. I’m glad Argentina won the WC for Messi but I personally have found it boring for years now.

It fills a void in the summer when domestic football has stopped but hate the international break during the season.
Tbh I'm also not a fan, Euros/Copa (and I forgot what it's called in Africa) should just get dropped and only WC every 4th year is more than enough.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Wow wow wow, amazing match.

Havertz was insane but why is his finishing so crap? Sane is a waste of space, he cant do anything and should be used a sub.

I hope the matches tomorrow (today) will be exciting, on paper the look extremely boring :yawn:

Givenchy

Wow wow wow, amazing match.

Havertz was insane but why is his finishing so crap? Sane is a waste of space, he cant do anything and should be used a sub.

I hope the matches tomorrow (today) will be exciting, on paper the look extremely boring :yawn:
England-Slovakia will be a boring 2-0 win for England but Spain-Georgia has promise imo, if there's going to be an upset this round, I think it could be Georgia.

khaled_a_d

Last two editions of the WC were some of the best tbh. Way better than ones prior.
International football is very defensive, and that is probably why FIFA is generous with penalties in the WC, they don't need a goal per 90 minutes in 3 consecutive WC finals.
This has improved the product a lot tbf, but group stage in other continental tournaments are exciting in terms of possibilities but diluted in terms of football quality
However, International football is the biggesr draw for new fans, people still love watching Nations clashing with each other, while there is no market super advantage that some clubs have in football of past 2 decades.
Watching Switzerland kicking Italy ass, and Germany being half inch away from having a slim chance of qualifying, this is seems more "sporty" that seeing City winning 7 leagues in past 8 years and RM getting their 6th CL in 11 years.

fergus90

Last two editions of the WC were some of the best tbh. Way better than ones prior.
International football is very defensive, and that is probably why FIFA is generous with penalties in the WC, they don't need a goal per 90 minutes in 3 consecutive WC finals.
This has improved the product a lot tbf, but group stage in other continental tournaments are exciting in terms of possibilities but diluted in terms of football quality
However, International football is the biggesr draw for new fans, people still love watching Nations clashing with each other, while there is no market super advantage that some clubs have in football of past 2 decades.
Watching Switzerland kicking Italy ass, and Germany being half inch away from having a slim chance of qualifying, this is seems more "sporty" that seeing City winning 7 leagues in past 8 years and RM getting their 6th CL in 11 years.
Switzerland beating Italy was not a shock though. Current Italy are horrible and have zero attacking talent. 1 goal in 16 games Scamatta is their starting forward, rest of them are rank bar Chiesa who can be decent on his day.

I enjoyed moments of the last World Cup, mainly Argentina. The rest bar France’s 70th minute arrival was quite unforgettable. Most of the top nations were shit in my opinion.

It seems now that, they are no real standout sides. Even the teams like France filled with attacking talent can’t score more than a goal a game or conjure up much in the way of a playstyle. The unexpected challengers to the big guns in recent years like Belgium and Croatia have fizzled out.

Also I’m not quite sure nations clashing is the gateway to new fans anymore. Historically it was, when the international tournaments were a chance to see great players you didn’t see regularly. These days with the internet, easy to watch club football.

Maradona37

Also I’m not quite sure nations clashing is the gateway to new fans anymore. Historically it was, when the international tournaments were a chance to see great players you didn’t see regularly. These days with the internet, easy to watch club football.
A great and overlooked point. Back in the day, before satellite TV and then the internet, international tournaments were the only way you could regularly watch a Maradona or a Hagi. Now the world is a far smaller, far less mysterious place and everyone knows every fairly famous player.

Horatio

You're welcome
There's nothing called "minimal offside". It's an objective, binary fact.

About the pen decision, you simply can't have your hands in that position these days.
Tbf, Var also made wrong calls at time. The barca goal that went over line in clasico. The lautaro goal against saudi that was proven to be not offside(very clear actually) but was disallowed in the game.

Home of Barca Fans