Euro 2024

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Maradona37

are you from Slovakia mate? I visited Bratislava a few years back. Went to Slovak Pub on NYE. Great fun and delicious food. 😁
No mate. I am from Scotland hence the dislike of the English media and NT lol (not English people though, many of them are lovely).

I hear Slovakia is a beautiful country though. I have looked at Bratislava on google images before and seems a gorgeous place. In fact many cities in that sort of Central European area look beautiful - Vienna, Budapest, Prague etc.

delancey

No mate. I am from Scotland hence the dislike of the English media and NT lol (not English people though, many of them are lovely).

I hear Slovakia is a beautiful country though. I have looked at Bratislava on google images before and seems a gorgeous place. In fact many cities in that sort of Central European area look beautiful - Vienna, Budapest, Prague etc.
Oh that makes sense. The rivalry lives on. :lol:

Maradona37

We have a Braveheart in our midst! :pique1:
Haha.

I am actually not very nationalist. I don't really care much for our NT (our media is almost as bad as England's).

It is simply the way English media sucks itself off, and hypes up the English players due to the PL propaganda. It's just rivalry etc. I have been predicting England to fail (as in not win it) in tournaments since 1992 and not been proved wrong yet.

Maradona37

I actually love your history and legends. Especially William Wallace.

I agree to the english media. They try hard to copy US media in everything.
Yeah. I am just not a very nationalist type of person in general (ironic given I follow a sport of 'clans' in terms of club and national teams). I tend to believe that we are all human beings and it isn't always good to limit ourselves to regions, or box ourselves in as types. However, I understand that this might be a naive globalist type of viewpoint, as many people think culture and borders are very important in our world.

But in terms of our history, yeah we have some good stuff, like William Wallace as you state (though Braveheart is entirely inaccurate as a film lol). We also have some beautiful countryside and places, and Edinburgh is a beautiful city. The inner city areas of the likes of Glasgow and Dundee are pretty bad though, and coming from Greater Glasgow, I can attest that the surrounding towns of Glasgow are pretty deprived and (while they have nice areas) are generally in a bad way. But when people think of us they think of Loch Lomond, Ben Nevis etc. The urban areas are in a bad way in a lot of places.

As for the English media, yes it is just the way it is - Britain (moreso England) has become the US's bitch. However, to reiterate, many English people I have met both offline and online have been fantastic, so it's definitely not anything against the general English person - it's the media.

Horatio

You're welcome
I actually love your history and legends. Especially William Wallace.

I agree to the english media. They try hard to copy US media in everything.

I love the history of Scrooge McDuck. His life story chronicled by Don Rosa starting with his humble beginnings as a wee lad shoeshining on streets of Glasgow.

Inspirational figure

@Maradona37

Home of Barca Fans