Euro 2024

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Maradona37

It was the harder path, simple as that.
Harder as in it's harder to run 20 steps than 10.

And even if it was super duper absolutely hard, they clearly failed domestically by winning 2 titles in 9 seasons while rapist was there (y) So it is irrelevant anyway.

Last edited:

Maradona37

Also, why are do many absolute dickheads find it difficult to read on here? Or have comprehension problems? Apparently me saying Real Madrid 'weren't close to the best team in Europe' means I don't rate them. They were a top team, they just weren't as good as Barca and then Man City under Pep in the latter year 2017-2018. This is like that imbecile Blanco interpreting my defending Pedri as me saying he's playing better than Rodri, Ruiz, Williams and Yamal.

Maradona37

Anyway, you not rating RM at all says a lot, imagine thinking they were never close to the best team in europe during those years, lmao!
Again, tell me where me thinking that RM weren't as good as Barca (despite winning 2017 La Liga), or close, and weren't as good as Man City in 2017-2018, implies I don't rate them? I'd love for you to explain how I said I don't rate them at all.

I will give you the benefit of the doubt as English likely isn't your first language.

I will put in numbers so you can maybe understand: if Barca were a 9.5/10 team, then Man City were a 9, then Real Madrid under Zidane were like an 8-8.5. Very good, but I thought Barca with Neymar, Suarez etc then Pepe's first title winning team were comfortably better sides.

Morten

Again, tell me where me thinking that RM weren't as good as Barca (despite winning 2017 La Liga), or close, and weren't as good as Man City in 2017-2018, implies I don't rate them? I'd love for you to explain how I said I don't rate them at all.

I will give you the benefit of the doubt as English likely isn't your first language.

i'm well capable of reading, thanks.

Next.

Maradona37

i'm well capable of reading, thanks.

Next.
Well capable of reading apparently, yet interpet me saying Real Madrid weren't close to the best team in Europe as me saying I don't rate them at all (your words).

Me thinks you're taking extra offence and not reading it properly, jumping the gun, because I am criticising the club you support.

I will ask one more time: why did you say I don't rate Real Madrid in that period AT ALL, when that is clearly not what i said? There's a big difference between thinking a team is a very good team, and think they're as good as Barca or Man City.

Morten

Well capable of reading apparently, yet interpet me saying Real Madrid weren't close to the best team in Europe as me saying I don't rate them at all (your words).

Me thinks you're taking extra offence and not reading it properly, jumping the gun, because I am criticising the club you support.

I will ask one more time: why did you say I don't rate Real Madrid in that period AT ALL, when that is clearly not what i said?

I read it properly, thanks.

What you said is what you said, "not close to best team" except 2014, i think thats an absurd opinion, so naturally my reaction to that is to laugh at it.

soul24rage

Starting Lineup. Let's hope it's a cracking game.

GRaQmLrasAAvSFJ

Maradona37

I read it properly, thanks.

What you said is what you said, "not close to best team" except 2014, i think thats an absurd opinion, so naturally my reaction to that is to laugh at it.
Well they weren't in my opinion. In my opinion Barca were comfortably better, and in 17-18 Man City were easily better. Therefore, even if they were the second best team, they weren't close.

I saw you get outplayed loads by Barca and in the CL under Zidane. I don't think you were the best team in Europe in any of the seasons 2015-2016 to 2017-2018 and I stand by that. So not a laughable opinion, quite a reasonable one actually.

And again, you obviously have reading comprehension issues, because you were so offended that you steamed in and acted like I said Real Madrid were a poor team, which isn't what I said at all.

Morten

Well they weren't in my opinion. In my opinion Barca were comfortably better, and in 17-18 Man City were easily better. Therefore, even if they were the second best team, they weren't close.

I saw you get outplayed loads by Barca and in the CL under Zidane. I don't think you were the best team in Europe in any of the seasons 2015-2016 to 2017-2018 and I stand by that. So not a laughable opinion, quite a reasonable one actually.

And again, you obviously have reading comprehension issues, because you were so offended that you steamed in and acted like I said Real Madrid were a poor team, which isn't what I said at all.

It is a laughable opinion, to claim at least 11/12 and 16/17 to not be "close to the best" in Europe at the time.

Its not me who have reading comprehension issues, now you bring up a very specific timeframe for some reason....

Last edited:

Maradona37

It is a laughable opinion, to claim at least 11/12 and 16/17 to not be "close to the best" in Europe at the time.

Its not me who have reading comprehension, now you bring up a very specific timeframe for some reason....
I never said 11/12, did I? I was talking about under Zidane. More reading comprehension issues for you. Yes you were excellent in 11/12 (though not my style of football, too much counter-attack).

You clearly do though - as you said I don't rate Real Madrid under Zidane, when what I implied is they were a top team but a comfortably inferior team to Barca and Man City (after Pep joined). It's not my fault you are incapable of reading between the lines and inferring what I mean.

I brought up Zidane's period as that is when the majority of the success came. Ironically you were better under Mourinho and Ancelotti. Proves my point further that the best team doesn't always win, cheers.

Morten

I never said 11/12, did I? I was talking about under Zidane. More reading comprehension issues for you. Yes you were excellent in 11/12 (though not my style of football, too much counter-attack).

You clearly do though - as you said I don't rate Real Madrid, when what I implied is they were a comfortably inferior team to Barca and Man City (after Pep joined). It's not my fault you are incapable of reading between the lines and inferring what I mean.

No, you was talking about Ronaldo's time at RM, ffs!

Go back to last page, you talk 2 league titles in 9 years and 4 UCLs, it means any and all seasons within that timeframe.

I read perfectly fine, thanks.

Next.

Maradona37

No, you was talking about Ronaldo's time at RM, ffs!

Go back to last page, you talk 2 league titles in 9 years and 4 UCLs, it means any and all seasons within that timeframe.

I read perfectly fine, thanks.

Next.
Yes, and I am still right - 2 Ligas in 9 seasons.

However, Ronaldo's time at Real Madrid is not a monolith - obviously SOME OF THE TEAMS in that 9 year timeframe will be better than others. He's the common denominator but the team around him (other than the likes of Benzema and Ramos) changed radically.

I am saying I rated Mourinho and Ancelotti's teams higher than Zidane, but 2 titles in 9 seasons under them all is a failure.

This is too easy mate.

Morten

Yes, and I am still right - 2 Ligas in 9 seasons.

However, Ronaldo's time at Real Madrid is not a monolith - obviously SOME OF THE TEAMS in that 9 year timeframe will be better than others. He's the common denominator but the team around him (other than the likes of Benzema and Ramos) changed radically.

I am saying I rated Mourinho and Ancelotti's teams higher than Zidane, but 2 titles in 9 seasons under them all is a failure.

This is too easy mate.

Again, we are talking the 9 years last page, until you suddenly decided it meant something else.

But whatever, enough of this, enjoy the match.

Maradona37

Again, we are talking the 9 years last page, until you suddenly decided it meant something else.

But whatever, enough of this, enjoy the match.
No, I am talking about the 9 seasons he was there. In those seasons, some teams were better than others, due to coaching and player turnover. However, the common denominator - Ronaldo - won 2 titles in 9 seasons with all those different teams. He had most European success in the second half of his RM career - AFTER they built a much better CM platform with Kroos and Modric, and also AFTER Ronaldo himself declined as a player and nailed himself down as an extreme poacher. Highlighting the vast importance of the team and platform around him rather than how good he was as an individual - they won more (albeit as a worse team) in the second half of his career than in the first half.

The point I am making is that he failed domestically at Real madrid by winning 2 titles in 9 seasons. I don't think anyone can dispute that is a really disappointing return. They did well in the CL, but I don't automatically view the CL winners as the best team in Europe.

But you seem a decent guy, so I will drop the pedantry.

Home of Barca Fans